Korg a.k.a. Korg Musical Instruments is a Japanese Electronic Musical Instrument manufacturer, originally founded in 1962 by Tsutomu Katoh and Tadashi Osanai as Keio Gijutsu Kenkyujo Ltd.
Later named Keio Electronic Laboratories because its fledgling offices were located near the Keio train line in Tokyo.
Korg is best known for its range of keyboard, synthesizer, drum and percussion instruments, effect units and recording technology.
In 1967, Katoh was approached by Fumio Mieda, an engineer who wanted to build keyboards. Their first product, an organ was sold under the name KORG. The name KORG was created by using the first letter of each founder's last name plus "RG" from their planned emphasis on products targeted for the organ market (emphasizing the letters R and G in the word "oRGan").
Korg is credited with a number of innovations and landmark products. In particular, the Korg M1 workstation, which debuted in 1988, has sold over 250,000 units. It is the best selling synthesizer of all time.
More From Korg
Korg Featured Products
- Compact For Mobile Use
- Up to 5.6448 MHz DSD Native Playback
- AudioGate 3 DSD Conversion Software
- Converts WAVs & MP3s to DSD
- Cirrus Logic CS4398 Convertor Chip
- 25 Velocity-Sensitive Mini-Keys
- Bluetooth Connection with Mac and iOS
- 30-Hour AA Battery Life
- Supports Mac, Windows & iOS
- Expressive Joystick
- Use Either Internal Mic or Piezo Sensor
- Double Joint for Multi-Angle Positioning
- Backlit Display for Easy Viewing
- Energy Saving Auto Off & Soft Modes
- Clips on to the Headstock of Your Guitar
- 8 Faders
- 8 Knobs
- 24 Switches
- Transport Controls
- Marker, Cycle, Track Buttons