DECIMATOR MD-Cross V2 Miniature HDMI/SDI Cross Converter
Combining SD, HD, and 3G test pattern generation with capabilities usually reserved for a computer controlled scaler/convertor the DECIMATOR MD-Cross V2 Miniature HDMI/SDI Cross Convertor is a small independent device that features the same proven cross convertor found in DECIMATOR's larger MD-DUCC. The DD-Cross features both an HDMI and a 3G-SDI input, and can cross convert either signal to the other. It features a built-in scaler and frame rate convertor as well, allowing you to convert the input signal to your required output standard.
The included test pattern generator of the MD-Cross supports 26 selectable output formats with 54 test patterns. It features one HDMI output, one loop through SDI output, and two pairs of 3G-SDI outputs, controllable via fourteen selectable conversion modes, providing you with a variety of modes to fit your needs. This convertor does not require a computer or DIP switches to control as it incorporates a small LCD screen for menu functions, and four buttons for control. It comes with a power supply with locking power cable to prevent accidental power loss during use.
Note: Firmware Release 2.0.6 adds 3G-SDI Level B support for 1080p60/59.94/50 for this model, as well as the ability to set the SDI output to 3G level A or B and convert between A and B. It also enables horizontal and vertical image flipping via the built-in scaler.
14 Conversion Modes
- SDI In to HDMI and SDI Out
- SDI In to SDI Out and HDMI In to HDMI Out
- SDI In to SDI Out and Scaled SDI In to HDMI Out
- SDI In to SDI Out and Scaled HDMI In to HDMI Out
- HDMI In to SDI Out and SDI In to HDMI Out
- HDMI In to HDMI and SDI Out
- HDMI In to SDI Out and Scaled SDI In to HDMI Out
- HDMI In to SDI Out and Scaled HDMI In to HDMI Out
- Scaled SDI In to SDI Out and SDI In to HDMI Out
- Scaled SDI In to SDI Out and HDMI In to HDMI Out
- Scaled SDI In to HDMI and SDI Out
- Scaled HDMI In to SDI Out and SDI In to HDMI Out
- Scaled HDMI In to SDI Out and HDMI In to HDMI Out
- Scaled HDMI In to HDMI and SDI Out
HDMI to SDI / SDI to HDMI
The HDMI or SDI input can be scaled and/or frame rate converted to the required standard.* The MD-Cross incorporates an LCD and button control system. This gives you access to features that have usually require a computer. Adjusting DIP switches or having access to a computer to change a simple setting are no needed with the MD-Cross.
- The unit features adjustable Title Safe, Action Safe, and static centre cross overlays. The unit also supports text overlays.
- The unit supports 54 test patterns, including Luma and Chroma Zone-plates.
- The unit supports 16 channels of audio level metering overlays.
- The audio pairs in the SDI and HDMI outputs can be rearranged as required.
- The unit incorporates a USB port for control and firmware updates.
|Inputs||HDMI: 1 x Type A
SD/HD.3G-SDI: 1 x BNC
SD/HD.3G-SDI: 3 x BNC (1 x Active Loop-Through, 2 x output)
|SDI Formats Supported||3G: SMPTE 424M 2.97 and 2.967 Gb/s
1080p: 60/59.94/50 Hz
HD: SMPTE 292M/274M/296M 1.485 and 1.435 Gb/s
1080i: 60/59.94/50 Hz
1080p/psf: 30/29.97/25/24/23.98 Hz
720p: 60/59.94/50/30/29.97/25/24/23.98 Hz
SD: SMPTE 259M 270 Mb/s
|Control Buttons||* SDI output source from HDMI IN, SDI IN, Test Pattern Generator (TPG), and Scaler
* HDMI output type and source from HDMI IN, SDI IN, TPG or Scaler
* Scaler source, format and Aspect Controls
* Full control for Audio Metre Overlays
* Full control for Safe Action, Safe Title and Centre Cross Overlays
* Full control for Text Overlays
* Full control for Format Status Overlays
|Power||5 to 32 VDC
|Dimensions||3.1 x 4.8 x 1.2" / 79.5 x 123 x 29.5 mm|
Reviews(no ratings yet)
Give it a quick rating:
Thanks for your rating!
Write a review
- Product: DECIMATOR MD-Cross V2 Miniature HDMI/SDI Cross Converter
- Manufacturer: Decimator
- Model: DD-CROSS
- SKU: MD-CROSSv2
- RM Product #: 33224