The Lensbaby Edge 80 Optic is an 80mm f/2.8-22 flat field optic with an adjustable 12-blade aperture. This optic is specifically designed to give you a slice of sharp focus, surrounded by soft blur. The size of the in-focus region varies depending on the aperture and the location of it can be modified by the degree and direction of tilt. The selective focus effect produced is especially desirable for close-up photography, as this lens can focus as close as 17" / 43.2cm when fully extended.
This optic is composed of 5 multi-coated glass elements within 4 groups and the 12 rounded aperture blades produce an extremely smooth bokeh. It is compatible with the Lensbaby Composer Pro, Composer, Muse, Scout, and Control Freak lens bodies (Not compatible with the Composer with Tilt Transformer for Micro Four Thirds and Sony NEX cameras).
- Provides you with a controllable sliver of focus surrounded by a smooth, out of focus border.
- Size of selective focus region is controlled by the aperture; location of the region can be modified by tilting the lens.
- Rounded 12-blade aperture creates a smooth bokeh and is controlled by a dial on the front of the optic.
- Focus as close as 17" / 43.2cm when lens is fully extended, in macro mode, and tilted.
- Compatible with the Lensbaby Composer Pro, Composer, Muse, Scout, and Control Freak lens bodies (Not compatible with the Composer with Tilt Transformer for Micro Four Thirds and Sony NEX cameras).
- 46mm front filter threads allow compatibility with Lensbaby Macro Converters, but do not work with 37mm accessories.
More information about Lensbaby Products: (Link to Lensbaby Website)