Fostex PD606 DVD/HD Location Recorder
Digital Mixing and 8-track Recording to DVD-Ram or HDD
The USB HOST port is activated. You can plug a USB flash memory for data backup as well as playback of backed up data.
You can choose the “USB (USB memory)” as a File Copy destination. You can copy a file from the internal hard disk partition as well as the internal DVD-RAM drive to the USB flash memory.
You can choose the USB flash memory plugged into the USB HOST port in addition to the DVD-RAM disk as an Auto Copy destination. Although the “BGND (Background) USB” Auto Copy mode is only available (no IMM (Immediate) mode available), the Auto Copy function starts backing up data right after PD606 stops recording. Also the function that editing a file name, false start, circle take, etc. of the original file is reflected to the backup data in the USB flash memory helps you to keep exactly the same copy as the original.
You can additionally create folders to store BWF files in addition to the original “BWFF” folder which is created when formatting the internal hard disk / DVD-RAM disk. You can create up to 32 folders and 250 BWF files can be stored into each folder.
Updating the software using the USB flash memory with the software update file placed in the root directory
- 8 track poly file recording. 6 individual tracks + 2 stereo mix tracks or straight 8 track recording via
- 6 ch Analog I/O (XLR) or 8 channel AES/EBU Digital I/O’s
- Using the Stereo Bus output (XLR-5pin) together with the 6 channel discrete analog outputs creates 8 simultaneous analog outputs
- Recording to (user replaceable) 1.8" 80GB HDD (Model EX-HD1) and 12cm DVD-RAM
- Backup to DVD-RAM, -R and -RW disc.
- Approx. 85 min recording at 24bit/ 48kHz per 4.7GB DVD-RAM or HDD partition
- Mirror recording to HD and DVD*
- BWF file format files - easily imported into PC editing software with TC.
- 8 track recording using 24bit/16bit, 44.1/48kHz, 6 track recording using 24bit, 88.2/96kHz (HDD only), 2 track recording using 24bit, 176.4/192kHz
- Digital Mixer with Analog like operation. Equipped with channel link, HPF and limiter
- 0.1% Fs pull up/down
- Auto data is backed up 60 seconds
- 10 seconds (max) of pre record to minimises the risk of missing the start of a take
- USB 2.0 interface for mounting HDD partitions as well as DVD-RAM contents on PC desktop
- Two battery V-Mounts (up to 4 cells mounted)
- 9 pin remote port enabling connection of a 2nd PD606 or PD204 for simultaneous recording†
- Fully functional SMPTE Timecode generator with jam sync to external TC
- VIDEO, Tri-Level and WORD sync available
- Dimensions: 116.5(H) x 325(W) x 234(D) mm
- Weight: Approx. 3.4kgs
- Power Requirement: IDX Endura V-mount battery, AD-15C (optional)
- Power Consumption: 16W
New PD606 v1.30 Software features - download the update here at FostexInternational.com
For more information, specifications and downloadable PDF's, visit the Fostex website here at FostexInternational.com
- Fostex PD606 DVD/HD Location Recorder
- RM Product #: