NiSi 100 x 100mm Nano IRND 1.8 Filter (6-Stop)
- 64x Filter Factor, 6-Stop
- Darkens Entire Image
- Allows Reduced Shutter Speed
- Allows Wider Aperture
- Neutral Results, Visible, & IR Spectrums
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #52417
- SKU: NIP-100-ND1.8
The NiSi 100 x 100mm Nano IRND 1.8 Filter is an ND filter with a 64x filter factor that provides a 6-stop exposure reduction. Its 1.8 density creates a darkening of the entire image, allowing you to photograph with a wider aperture or slower shutter speed than normally required. By slowing your exposure time or increasing your aperture, you are able to control depth of field and convey movement more easily. Neutral density filters are intended to not affect the colouration of the image and are ideal for pairing with other filters.
The design of this filter has been optimised for use with digital sensors and to promote nearly flat attenuation of visible and infrared light. Due to imaging sensors' greater susceptibility to infrared light, compared to traditional film, colour casts can occur when photographing darker subjects that require increased exposure times. To provide a high level of neutrality across the visible and infrared spectrums in order to eliminate colour casts and ensure cleaner, truer blacks when using the NiSi 100 x 100mm Nano IRND 1.8 Filter, one layer of NiSi Optical Nano Coating is applied to each of this filter's surfaces. The Nano coating associated with this filter also results in an improved beading effect when in contact with water or oil for greater cleaning efficiency.
This NiSi 100 x 100mm Nano IRND 1.8 Filter is constructed from optical glass for clarity as well as colour fidelity, and measures 2mm thick.
- 100 x 100mm neutral density filter darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required.
- Providing a 6-stop exposure reduction, this filter allows you to control depth of field and convey movement more easily.
- Filter does not affect colouration of the image and is ideal for use with other filters.
- Each surface includes one layer of NiSi Optical Nano Coating that attenuates infrared light as well as visible wavelengths, to maintain colour neutrality and suppress colour casts due to increased exposure times.
- Nano coating provides an improved beading effect with water or oil for more efficient cleaning.
- Constructed from optical glass for clarity.
- Leatherette pouch included for storage and transport.
|Filter Type||Solid ND Combination|
|Combination Type||IR Attenuation|
|Density||1.8 (6 Stops)|
|Rectangular Size||100.0 x 100.0 mm|
|Filter Thickness||2 mm|