Olympus M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO Lens (Black)
- Product: #57051
- SKU: V315050BG000
The Olympus M.Zuiko 40-150mm f/2.8 PRO Lens is a professional lens which delivers top grade image quality, regardless of lighting conditions. This zoom lens provides bright F2.8 aperture at all focal lengths of from 80 to 300mm (35mm equivalent), and provides overwhelming resolution and soft, beautiful circular shaped defocusing effects. This lens provides outstanding portability by achieving an unparalleled compact and lightweight form. The world's first Dual VCM focusing system makes fast and accurate AF possible with a closest focusing distance of 70cm (distance from the imaging sensor) at all zoom ranges.
Excelent Image quality represented of breath-taking clarity, edge to edge overwhelming resolution of the image, and soft, circular defocusing effects are sure to captivate users. Lens provides constant F2.8 aperture throughout its entire zoom range from wide angle all the way to telephoto. The lens is made up of five ED lenses, aspherical lenses, and HD lenses for thorough suppression of various aberration from infinite distance to extreme close-ups. Here is the Olympus' best optical performance.
The lens combined with OM-D camera bodies to create a very stable shooting platform because the lens length remains unchanged when zooming. Lens utilizes an inner zoom mechanism.
- Telephoto zoom is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides an 80-300mm equivalent focal length range.
- Bright f/2.8 constant maximum aperture suits working in a variety of lighting conditions throughout the zoom range.
- One aspherical ED (extra-low dispersion) element, two aspherical elements, one Super ED element, three ED elements, and one HD element are featured within the optical design to minimise both spherical and chromatic aberrations, distortion, and colour fringing throughout the zoom range while also contributing to overall image sharpness, clarity, and colour accuracy.
- A ZERO (Zuiko Extra-low Reflection Optical) coating has been applied to individual elements to minimise lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and colour fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- A Dual VCM (voice coil motor) system is used for quick and near-silent autofocus performance. By separating the focusing mechanism into two groups controlled by separate linear AF motors, focus speeds are faster and the friction-free movement is notably quieter to benefit video recording.
- Manual focus clutch lets you quickly pull the focusing ring into place for direct, intuitive focus control.
- Programmable L-Fn (lens function) button for easily accessible settings adjustment.
- Dust-, freeze-, and splash-proof design uses 11 separate seals to ensure the lens's performance in inclement and harsh conditions.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm produces a smooth bokeh quality.
- Removable rotating tripod collar offers a stable platform for working with this lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Included lens hood collapses back onto the lens for a more compact profile when stored.
- Compatible with the optional M.Zuiko Digital MC-14 1.4x Teleconverter to further extend the reach to a 112-420mm equivalent focal length range.
|Focal Length||40 - 150mm
Comparable 35mm Focal Length: 80 - 300 mm
|Camera Mount Type||Micro Four Thirds|
|Format Compatibility||Micro Four Thirds|
|Angle of View||30° - 8.2°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||70 cm|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||1:4.76|
|Optical Design||16 Elements in 10 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||9, Rounded|
|Tripod Collar||Yes Removable - rotating|
|Filter Thread||Front: 72 mm|
|Dimensions (DxL)||79.4 x 160.0 mm|