SHAPE Camera Cage with Top Handle for RED KOMODO
- Formfitting Cage for RED KOMODO
- Top Handle with Push-Button Release
- Top Handle Incorporates Tilting Bracket
- 1/4"-20 Accessory Mounting Holes
- 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 Anti-Twist
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #85554
- SKU: KOTHC
Add flexible carrying and improved accessory mounting, while protecting your RED KOMODO cinema camera with this SHAPE Camera Cage with Top Handle for RED KOMODO . The top handle features SHAPE's well-known push-button release system, which is fast, secure, and won't slow down your shoot. The top handle also features a tilting bracket suitable for adding a monitor, light, or even a microphone to your rig, keeping your rig light and compact by avoiding additional accessory mounting equipment.
The durable 3-piece cage is built around the top plate that you mount on your KOMODO, and this allows you to mount the side riser panels and the included 15mm rod clamps. Once mounted on your camera, you'Voe created a sturdy external cage that provides accessory mounting holes, as well as ARRI-compatible rosettes on each side for mounting optional grips to help you when handholding the rather boxy camera.
The Top Handle
- Mounts on your cage
- Utilises the push-button release system that allows you to adjust the orientation using a single hand
- Adjustments can be made on the fly, without stopping the shoot to loosen, adjust, and then tighten levers
- Press the release button, adjust the position, and release the button
- A removable bracket slides into the cold shoe on the front of the top handle and allows you to mount accessories up to 4.4 pounds
- The top handle offers nine 1/4"-20 threaded mounting holes and twelve 3/8"-16 mounting holes with anti-twist divots
- It features aluminium construction with a strip of maple wood for comfort
The advantage of the cage is it provides a rigid external frame to your RED KOMODO for attaching accessories without stressing or damaging your camera's body.
The RED KOMODO camera's boxy shape is efficient, though not very ergonomically friendly. The cage allows you to add optional grips to your camera via the ARRI-style rosettes, providing the opportunity of making the camera more handheld friendly.
Accessory Mounting on the Cage
- Multiple 1/4"-20 accessory mounting threads for attaching a variety of available accessories, such as articulating arms.
- Additional 1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 threaded holes with ARRI-style anti-twist divots allow you to attach accessories that stay secure and won't unexpectedly twist, which usually happens at the worst moment, ruining the shot.
- Two individual 15mm spring-loaded rod clamps can be mounted on the cage for adding rod-mounted accessories.
The individual rod clamps can be attached to the cage and allow you to mount optional 15mm rods. Each clamp uses a spring-loaded lever for securing your rod in the clamp.
|Rod Standard||15 mm LWS / 60 mm Spacing|
|Battery Plate Type||None|
|Accessory Mounting||Cage, Top: 9 x 1/4"-20 Thread, 4 x Anti-Twist 1/4"-20 Thread, 1 x Anti-Twist 3/8"-16 Thread
Cage, Sides: 4 x Anti-Twist 1/4"-20 Thread, 4 x Anti-Twist 3/8"-16 Thread
Top Handle, Top: 3 x 1/4"-20 Thread, 4 x Anti-Twist 3/8"-16 Thread
Top Handle, Sides: 6 x 1/4"-20 Thread, 8 x ARRI Anti-Twist 3/8"-16 Thread
|Rod Ports||2 x 15 mm Rod Port|
|Shoe Mounting||Top Handle, Front: 1 x Cold Shoe|
|Rosettes||Cage, Sides: 2 x ARRI Rosette w/ M6 Thread|
|Grip Type||Topside Handgrip|
|Camera Compatibility||RED KOMODO|
|Dimensions||7.6 x 7.2 x 4.4" / 19.3 x 18.3 x 11.2 cm|
|Weight||1.38 lb / 0.63 kg|