SHAPE Handheld Cage for Sony a7R III and a7 III Cameras
- Product: #56396
- SKU: A73CHH
The SHAPE Handheld Cage for Sony a7R III and a7 III Cameras is targeted at filmmakers, videographers and photographers who want a simple, hassle-free and ergonomic cage design that really works.
Specifically designed for the Sony A7R III camera, the form-fitting cage offers additional protection and securely locks the camera to the cage. It also provides easy access to all controls and ports as well as multiple attachment points for accessories. For handheld shooting, the side 15mm rod clamps, located at the back of the cage, are designed for quickly securing the new ergonomic Mini Push-Button Wooden Side Handles with Padded Straps using a single ratchet knob on each side.
The SHAPE Sony A7R III Cage enables easy access to all of the camera’s features such as the control buttons, the side outputs, the memory card, the battery compartment and the lens release button, allowing you to save time while shooting. Further, the support between the lens and the camera grip is designed to anticipate a clearing for the fingers when the camera is handheld, allowing an ergonomic grip.
This ergonomic cage is easy to assemble and disassemble and the components don’t need to be removed to install the camera that is fixed with a 1/4"-20 captive slotted base screw integrated into the cage, using the threaded hole underneath it. The position is secured with the back and sides of the cage, so it doesn’t move forward when equipped with a heavier lens. You can also attach a delta adapter plate underneath the cage to mount it on a quick release plate to rapidly switch from a tripod to a handheld setup.
Additionally, all the doors and latches are fully operable when the camera is in the cage. Its easy-to-use and clever design enables you to operate the camera without having to remove the cable doors, and the strap hooks can remain attached to the camera while inserted in the cage. It is also equipped with an effective cable retainer system for all three of the left side cables to secure their use. The cage is also compatible with a full-sized HDMI cable protector lock to secure the use of your HDMI 4K cable.
By leaving an open access to the hot shoe on top of the camera, you can mount many accessories using several mounting options including two cold shoe mounts located on the top of the cage as well as many SHAPE Standard 1/4"-20 anti-rotating hole patterns, ARRI Standard 3/8"-16 anti-rotating hole patterns and 3/8"-16 threaded mounting holes. Made from CNC machined aluminum, the cage allows the camera to be held securely in place and restricts it from rotating by being attached with two anti-rotating tabs at the front.
Furthermore, the cage is compatible with the Sony XLR-K2M audio unit, thus providing great sound for your videos. It also features an ARRI Standard Rosette that can be mounted in four different locations.
Mini Push-Button Wooden Side Handles with Padded Straps
SHAPE introduces its new ergonomic Mini Push-Button Wooden Side Handles with Padded Straps, providing a secure and solid grip for handheld shooting.
This brand new SHAPE wooden handle features a comfortable padded strap, a convenient built-in cold shoe mount and a SHAPE standard 1/4"-20 anti-rotating pattern, both located on top. The width of the grip can be easily adjusted using the rod clamp on the cage. You can also quickly adjust the angle and position of the handgrips by using the patented SHAPE Mini Push-Buttons located on each handle.
- Simple, hassle-free, ergonomic design for filmmakers, videographers, and photographers
- Horizontal 15mm rod clamp on each side allows for the positioning of a 15mm rod
- Easy access to the camera's features such as the control buttons, side outputs, memory card, the battery compartment, and the lens release button
- The support between the lens and the camera grip is designed to anticipate a clearing for the fingers when the camera is handheld, allowing for an ergonomic grip
- Easy to assemble and disassemble, the components don't need to be removed to instal the camera
- The camera is held in place by a 1/4"-20 captive screw integrated into the base of the cage, and secured by the back and sides so it doesn't move forward when equipped with a heavier lens
- You can attach a Delta adapter plate (sold separately) underneath the cage to mount it on a quick release plate to switch from a tripod to a handheld setup
- You can operate the camera without having to remove the cable doors, and the strap hooks can remain attached to the camera while inserted in the cage
- CNC Machined 6061-T6 aluminium holds the camera securely in place and restricts it from rotating with two anti-rotating tabs at the front
- HDMI cable protector lock
|Compatible Cameras||Sony a7R III and a7 III|
|Material||CNC Machined aluminium|
|Dimensions||13.1 x 16.0 x 7.6 cm|