- Product: #8773
- SKU: 000984
The Sennheiser MD 421-II - Classic Studio Microphone is a cardioid, dynamic microphone popularized by the recording and broadcast industry. The MD 421-II is favored for its ability to handle a variety of applications due to its flexible bass control. The microphone features a 5-position bass roll-off switch and frequency response of 30-17,000 Hz. The cardioid polar pattern effectively rejects off-axis noise due to room acoustics and noise, and also provides effective feedback rejection often caused by monitors positioned within close proximity.
The MD 421 II features a dynamic capsule, allowing even signal response whether close-up or at a reasonable distance. This is particularly useful for broadcast applications, where announcers and DJs can refrain from remaining absolutely stationary. The MD 421-II also handles very high sound pressure levels, making it suitable for miking instruments high in transient (peak) response.
- Dynamic Capsule - The MD 421 II features a dynamic capsule, resulting in even signal response in close and reasonable distances as well as the capacity to handle high SPL levels.
- Cardioid Polar Pattern - The cardioid polar pattern is effective in attenuating off-axis noise and ambiance. The cardioid polar pattern is also effective in rejecting feedback due to monitors.
- 5-Position Bass Roll-Off - The 5 position low frequency roll-off switch offers flexible bass attenuation allowing the microphone to be used in a variety of situations.
- Rugged professional microphone
- Five position bass roll-off switch
- Effective feedback rejection
- Clear sound reproduction
- Easy handling due to pronounced directivity
- Dynamic Capsule Design
- Cardioid Polar Pattern
- 1 MD 421 II
- 1 microphone clamp for 3/8” thread
- Transducer principle (Microphone): dynamic
- Pick-up pattern: cardioid
- Frequency response (microphone): 30-17000 Hz
- Sensitivity in free field, no load (1kHz): 2 mV/Pa +- 3 dB
- Nominal impedance: 200 Ohm
- Min. terminating impedance: 1000 Ohm
- Connector: XLR-3
- Dimensions: 215 x 46 x 49 mm
- Weight: 385 g