Teenage Engineering OP-1 Portable Synthesizer
- Synthesiser, Sampler & Controller
- 8 Built-In Engines
- Real-Time Control Modulation
- ADSR Type Envelope
- 4-Channel Mixer
Email me when stock arrives
Enjoy power-packed performance with the OP-1 Portable Synthesiser from Teenage Engineering . This powerhouse packs a synthesiser, sampler, and controller into a simple and fast interface. The synthesiser features 8 built-in engines (with exchangeable architecture) with 8 quick-selection keys, and 3 great sequencers, enabling instant live tweaks.
You can control modulation in real time and work over a wide range of parameters with the ADSR envelope, multi-effects, and LFOs (low frequency oscillators). One of the LFOs is also controlled by a motion sensor for enhanced sound effects. The built-in 4-track tape recorder not only lets you record your work, but also allows overdubbing with changeable pitch and reverse recording in real time. Additionally, the 4-channel mixer allows you to use the built-in AEQ and drive, for adding texture and effects to your recording.
Connect your computer to the standalone OP-1 Synthesiser via USB to convert it into a fun-filled digital audio workstation. The 4 rotary encoders and 8 x 2 quick selection keys enable instant access to play, stop, record, forward, and rewind functions. The synthesiser can also be used as a mass storage device for exchanging audio files with your PC / Mac. Easy-to-use, the OP-1 Synthesiser sports a smart colour-coded interface with colour graphics on its OLED display. The display is directly related to the 4-colour rotary encoders and legend on the keyboard.
Furthermore, this portable synthesiser comes with a long battery life of 16 hours in operation, and over 2 years of standby time, making it ideal for travel and long studio sessions. It features a durable light grey painted CNC aluminium body and has no visible screws. In addition, the OP-1 Synthesiser is packed in an environment-friendly paper foam case that can be reused.
- Eight synthesiser engines with exchangeable architecture can be selected between the T1 to T4 keys, thereby allowing you to switch engines and retain envelopes
- 8 dedicated instant keys for sound selection
- Built-in 24-voice instant live sampler lets you sample from onboard music, FM radio, 4-track tape recorder, etc.
- Four-track tape recorder with variable tape speed provides you with an instant way to tweak your recordings live
- Six minutes recording time (up to 24 minutes) on both sides of the 4-track tape recorder
- Four-track mixer with AEQ, effect, and drive for adding texture; master out for fine tuning
- Mixer features dedicated VU metre for displaying sound levels, and control over pan, L & R
- Multiple effects with exchangeable architecture
- Multiple exchangeable sequencers for instant live tweaks
- Classic Pattern sequencer to change direction on the fly or shorten the played sequence
- Tombola sequencer (drop notes & spin) to adjust bounciness and gravity
- Endless Step Sequencer: Quickest sequencer with features such as random order, reverse, and pattern for instant live tweaks
- USB MIDI controller lets you receive external MIDI Control Change (MIDI CC) from other hardware, or from your computer's music1Please Note:The controller is Mac & PC compatible.
- Two-way USB file transfer (Mac & PC compatible) for exchanging data between your synthesiser and computer
- Colour-coded, vector-based user interface consists of 4 colour encoders
- Operation of colour encoder is indicated by a colour change on the graphical interface of display
- Instant reverse and variable tape speed recording during live mixes or basic tape loops
- Full classic tape editing capabilities with lift / split and drop features for tweaking takes
- Master tempo lets you switch between free, beat match, and sync modes
- Help key to cheque battery level or cheque function of any other key2Please Note:Hold it down and press any key to reveal its function.
- Dr Wave: Raw 8-bit type sound engine
- FM: Easy to tweak FM synthesis engine
- Pulse: Square wave type engine
- String: Physical modelling with a twist
- Digital: Raw digital type of engine
- Phase: Phase distortion engine
- Cluster: Multiple wave cluster3Please Note:Feature additions of engines will be available with software upgrades.
- Dedicated instant synth sampler with 6 s sampling time for each slot
- Dedicated instant drum sampler screens with controls for pitch, in and out, direction, loop, & level, all with a 12 s sampling time for each slot4Please Note:The Drum mode has its own custom dynamic envelope specially made for short percussion sounds.
- Automated layout feature
- Instant sampling with built-in microphone or line in
- Classic ADSR type of envelope
- Dynamic envelope for drum sounds5Please Note:Future additions of envelopes will be available with software upgrades.
- Delay: Classic delay type
- Phone: Hacked phone effect
- Punch: Adds punch to your sound
- Grid based echo
- Spring reverb type6Please Note:Future additions of effects will be available with software upgrades.
- Four individual tracks with instant solo
- Instant variable tape speed
- Six minutes recording time in normal tape speed
- Up to 24 minutes recording time in low tape speed
- Loop function with movable region
- Tape tricks for break tape, bits, and reverse during live mixes or playbacks7Please Note:Use the reverse key to change the playback direction or the tape break to stop the tape in a classic sounding way.
- Memo 1 & 2 for instant memorising effects / AEQ / pan or levels / tape speed
- Reverse recording
- Classic tape editing features lift / split and drop
- Lift tape recordings back into sampler for endless sound design
- 3 axis motion sensor (G-force) to modulate sounds
- Assignable to any synth, envelope, effect parameter, or to pitch
Built-In FM radio
- Sample sounds directly from any radio station
- Record sampled sounds directly to 4-track tape recorder
- Use radio signal as modulator with the element LFO (low frequency oscillator) to alter any synthesiser engine, envelope, or effect parameter8Please Note:You may also use the OUT to IN option to bounce all tracks with effects, AEQ, etc., to one single track.
Controller / Disk Mode: Album / Com Key
- Album mode allows recording to a dual-sided album
- Com mode to connect to a PC / Mac or for conversion to a MIDI controller
|Input / Output|
|USB||2.0 high-speed (OTG)|
|Line In/Out||3.5 mm jack|
|Speaker||Mini: High output, 8 Ω, 1 W|
|Motion Sensor||3-axis accelerometer (G-force)
Assignable to any synth, envelope, effect parameter, or to pitch
|Radio||FM Band Support: Worldwide (64 to 108 MHz)|
|Type||Amoled display running in 60 fps|
|Resolution||320 x 160p|
|Colour Depth||16.7 million|
|Contrast||10,000:1 (good for outdoor use)|
|Design||Low-profile keyboard module
Scissor-switch ultra low profile design
Expected lifespan of 10 million keystrokes per key
|Type||Industrial-grade incremental encoders|
Up to 1,000,000 revolutions
Good indexing feel (remains consistent over life)
|Material||Zinc die-cast and fibre enforced high performance plastic (used in Avionics)|
|Battery Type||Li-ion 1,800 mAh|
|Battery Life||16 hours (active)
2 years stand-by time
|Charging||Via USB portConnect the synthesiser to your computer with the USB cable. This charges the internal battery.|
|CPU||400 MHz core processor (800 MMACSS performance)
64 MB low-power SDRAM (12ns)
512 MB NAND flash storage
24-bit 96 kHz ADC/DAC
|Body||Advanced CNC 1-piece aluminium design
2 x M6 Mounting holes for accessories
2 x Cuts for strap accessory
|Operating Temperature Range||-40 to 185°F (-40 to 85°C)|
|Dimensions (LxHxD)||282.0 x 102.0 x 13.5 mm|