Tiffen 82mm DV Select Filter Kit 3
- Great for Digital Video Shooters
- Helps with Scenics and Portraits
- Includes Filter Pouch
- Black Aluminium Filter Ring
- Made in the USA
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #65997
- SKU: 82DVSK3
The DV Select Kit 3 from Tiffen contains everything you need to get that spectacular outdoor shot or scenic portrait.
A Solid Neutral Density 0.6 (2-stop) Filter from Tiffen has several uses and offers the possibility to achieve otherwise unachievable results. It enables the shooter to adjust exposure without affecting colour balance. An ND filter appears gray and reduces the amount of light reaching either the sensor of a digital camera or the film plane of a traditional film camera.
A Neutral Density filter is used to create some unusual special effects such as capturing the "blur" of the rippling water of a waterfall or the swirling effect of city traffic. Since it allows the use of slower shutter speeds in bright light, it becomes possible to create these special effects that would normally not be possible to capture without the filter. And, since it can also help to control your depth of field, it permits you to shoot at wider apertures. Ultimately, its value is in helping to prevent bright, overly washed out images shot in bright light.
Determining which neutral density filter yields ideal results for any given lighting situation takes knowledge, experience and a collection of such filters. Choose the filter strength which adjusts the lighting to stay within the exposure latitude (greatest difference between bright/dark values) which still shows details in both of the digital or film medium in use.
is part of the Hollywood FX series of filters. The Black Pro-Mist creates moderate image softening and modest-to-strong highlight flare, but without as much of a lightening effect in the shadow areas.
Here's another tool to add to your portrait arsenal. As part of Tiffen's award-winning series of FX filters, the Black Pro-Mist gives you the option to add another dimension to your images.
Part of the difference between a run-of-the-mill photograph and a "great" photograph is the attention to detail - and with the Tiffen Pro-Mist series of filters, you can tweak your images just enough to set them apart from everyone else's. Speaking generally, the 2-stop value (ND 0.6 - the filter's clear portion allows 4x more light to pass vs. darkest portion) effectively compensates average bright sky-to-foreground situations, and the soft transition is applicable more often to a scene than the hard transition.
Tiffen's Polarising filters are used to select which light rays enter your camera lens. They can remove unwanted reflections from non-metallic surfaces such as water or glass and also saturate colours providing better contrast. The effect can be seen through the viewfinder and changed by rotating the filter. The filter factor varies according to how the filter is rotated and its orientation to the sun.
Tiffen's ColorCore glass is produced through a process that entails permanently laminating the filter material in between two pieces of optical glass that are ground flat to tolerances of a ten-thousandth of an inch, then mounting them in precision aluminium rings
Neutral Density Filters Have Four Main Uses
- To enable slow shutter speeds to be used, especially with high speed ISOs, to record movement in subjects such as waterfalls, clouds, or cars
- To decrease depth of field by allowing wider apertures to be used, which helps separate subjects from their background
- To decrease the effective ISO of high speed film (above ISO 400) and allow it to be used outdoors in bright situations
- sand or other bright scenes which could cause overexposure
Pro Mist Filters
- Offers all the benefits of the Pro-Mist filter in a more subtle form
- Highlight flares are controlled
- Contrast is lowered, but with less lightening of shadows for a more delicate effect
- Delicate effect with contained highlight flare
- Creates a soft light "pastel" effect
- Remove unwanted reflections from non-metallic surfaces such as water or glass
- Your deep blue sky will become even "bluer"
The ColorCore process allows Tiffen to control the colour and density of their filters, and the characteristics of special effects filters with much greater accuracy than typical dyed-in-the-mass filters, which usually exhibit colour and density variations. In this way, Tiffen can better control the various densities of their filters and thereby create more exact degrees of filtration
|Type||DV Select Kit 3|
|Colour Temperature||Not Applicable|
|Front Filter Thread Size||82mm|
|Front Lens Cap Size||82mm|