Tiffen 95mm Coarse Thread, Non-Rotating UltraPol Circular Polarizer Filter
- Circular Polariser Filter
- Enhanced Polarisation Effect
- For Third-Party or Custom Holders
- 4x Filter Factor, +2 Stops
- Helps to Eliminate Reflections and Glare
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #66285
- SKU: W95CUCP
The Tiffen 95mm Coarse Thread, Non-Rotating UltraPol Circular Polariser Filter helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarised due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. The light from the sun naturally becomes partially polarised due to reflecting off electrons in air molecules, causing the light to scatter into what appears as haze. A polarising filter arranges, and filters, this directionally polarised light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of this light. This results in a noticeable reduction of glare and reflections from non-metallic surfaces and an increase in the saturation of skies and foliage.
A circular polarizer only differs from a linear polarizer in that it contains a quarter wave plane in addition to the linear polarising filter. The addition of this quarter wave plane is to circularly polarise the linearly polarised light for the use of autofocus and exposure functions. Due to how the light is broken down and filtered with a linear polariser, autofocus and exposure accuracy become skewed during use. When the light becomes circularly polarised, it permits the use of these functions.
This filter is non-coated, has approximately 40% average light transmission, and is designed to provide a polarization effect that is 15 to 20% greater than other Tiffen filters which only provide a linear or circular polarisation effect and are not UltraPol filters.
The Tiffen 95mm Coarse Thread, Non-Rotating UltraPol Circular Polariser Filter is constructed from Water White glass for increased clarity as well as color fidelity and features an aluminum-alloy filter ring that does not rotate. The intensity of the polarisation effect can be adjusted with the use of third-party or custom filter holders.
- It helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarised due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
- Polarising filters arrange, and filter, directionally polarised light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of the light.
- Clears up haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated vivid colors.
- It offers a 15 to 20% greater polarisation effect than other Tiffen filters which only provide a linear or circular polarisation effect and are not UltraPol filters.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° angle from the sun.
- Circular polarizers are ideal for use with digital cameras and autofocus lenses where a linear polarizer will often disrupt auto exposure and focus features.
- Approximately 40% average light transmission.
- 4x filter factor reduces exposure by 2 stops.
- Constructed from Water White glass for increased optical clarity.
- Non-rotating, aluminum-alloy filter ring for durability while remaining lightweight.
- 95mm front filter threads for coarse rear threads allow for use with other filters.
- Polarisation effect intensity can be adjusted with the use of third-party or custom filter holders.
- Padded pouch included for storage and transport.
|Filter Type||Circular Polariser|
|Filter Factor||4 (2 Stop)|
|Circular Size||95 mm|
|Front Accessory Thread / Bayonet||95 mm|