The Rosetta 200, Apogee's successor to the PSX-100 and Rosetta AD namesake, delivers the quality of the popular Rosetta 800, in a 2-channel AD/DA solution. Like the Rosetta 800, the 200 features premium Apogee A/D and D/A conversion, 192k sampling rates (standard), optional Pro Tools HD, Mix and FireWire expansion cards and core Apogee technologies such as UV22HR, and SoftLimit. And while the Rosetta 200 shares much of its feature set with its cousin, it throws in some irresistible extras such as C.O.D.A. (a new processing engine), full channel metering, and MIDI and S/PDIF input and output. Flexibility and features galore make the Rosetta 200 an outstanding option for professional and project studios, mastering engineers, and audio archivists.
Apogee Rosetta 200 at a Glance:
- Legendary Apogee Conversion in High-Definition
- Connects Directly to Pro Tools HD and Mix Systems
- Professional FireWire Connectivity
- NEW C.O.D.A. Processing Engine for Conversion
- Intelliclock Dual Stage Jitter Reduction
- SoftLimit Maximizes Levels, Minimizes Overs
Legendary Apogee Conversion in High-Definition
The most crucial component in the digital recording environment is high-quality conversion and the most trusted and desirable converters are made by Apogee. With up to 192k sample rates, the ROSETTA 200 combines Apogee's legendary conversion quality with flexibility that complements any digital audio workstation.
Connect Directly to Pro Tools HD and Mix Systems
The ROSETTA 200 has an expansion card slot that accommodates all Apogee X-Series cards. This gives the Rosetta 200 outstanding connection capability to Pro Tools HD and Mix systems.
Professional FireWire Connectivity
FireWire and digital audio are turning pro with Apogee's X-FireWire card. With the optional FireWire card installed, you'll be able to connect the ROSETTA 200 natively to any FireWire input device, with near zero latency and without the need for additional hardware.
C.O.D.A.: The NEW Processing Engine for Conversion
Apogee's reputation for setting the standards in conversion technology is legendary. The areas of analog to digital conversion, digital format conversion and bit-rate conversion have all progressed forward due to advances in Apogee hardware and software. C.O.D.A., the latest addition to the Apogee arsenal, is the digital engine of the Rosetta 200. C.O.D.A. features format conversion, word length reduction with Apogee's UV22HR and sample rate conversion; offering the best in real-time bit and sample manipulation available.
Intelliclock: Dual Stage Jitter Reduction
Another essential for outstanding digital recording is maintaining an ultra-low-jitter, clock signal. To accomplish this, ROSETTA 200 utilizes Apogee's Intelliclock. Intelliclock is really two clocks in one. A fast-responding 'read' clock, with a wide locking range, fills a dedicated FIFO buffer, while an ultra-low-jitter "write" clock writes the data out of the buffer, and is used to clock the converters.
SoftLimit: Maximize Levels, Minimize Overs
One of the greatest difficulties in digital recording is getting an adequate level without clipping and unwanted distortion. With Apogee's SoftLimit, you can maximize digital output levels without overs.
- Analog In 1-2: Balanced, XLR connectors
- AES in: x 2, transformer balanced, XLR connectors
- S/ PDIF In: Toslink and Coax
- ADAT/SMUX In: Toslink
- WC In: BNC 75 ohm
- Analog Out 1-2: Balanced, XLR connector.
- AES Out: x 2, transformer balanced, XLR connector
- S/ PDIF Out: Toslink and Coax
- ADAT/SMUX Out: Toslink
- WC Out: BNC 75 ohm
Apogee Rosetta 200 Features:
- 2 channels of premium 24-bit AD/DA conversion
- Sample rates up to 192kHz with Apogee's "Intelliclock"
- 2 channels of AES, S/PDIF (coax & optical), and ADAT/SMUX I/O
- MIDI I/O
- Optional FireWire expansion card for compatibility with OS X, and Windows XP (X-FireWire card)
- Optional expansion card for direct connection to Pro Tools HD (X-HD card)
- Optional expansion card for direct connection to Pro Tools Mix (X-Digi-Mix card)
- "Soft Limit" for maximum digital level without overs
- C.O.D.A.; format conversion, word length reduction with Apogee's UV22HR and sample rate conversion
- Front panel calibration via trim pots
- Full channel metering