Behringer WASP DELUXE Hybrid Analog Synthesizer
- Based on Wasp Deluxe.
- Authentic Reproduction of Original.
- Dual DCO Design with 3 Variable Shapes.
- Multimode VCF (Low, Hi, Band, and Notch)
- LFO with 6 Waveforms.
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #66253
- SKU: WASP
The Behringer WASP DELUXE Hybrid Analog Synthesizer is a recreation of the original EDP Wasp and has been engineered using the original dual digital oscillators and a pure analogue signal path based on the authentic mulitmode VCF and VCA designs. Each of the two DCOs features three waveforms with sawtooth, square wave, and an enhanced mode which adds punch and clarity to the oscillator's tone. Both oscillators can be adjusted across various octaves (32, 16, 8, 4, and 2) with the Foot (FT) control. Shape Oscillator 1 with the Width knob, while Oscillator 2 has a pitch control that can be adjusted against Oscillator 1's pitch to create modulation effects. Additionally, both oscillators can be mixed and blended together with an external audio signal to get a truly unique sound. The switchable multimode VCF with Lo, Hi, Band, and Notch filter options and Freq and Q settings allow you to play with the filter cutoff and bandwidth to get some wild sounds that can add spice to your music.
The Control Oscillator features a flexible LFO with six waveform shapes such as a Sinae wave, rising sawtooth, falling sawtooth, square wave, noise, and random which can be further manipulated with the Frequency and Pitch knobs. A noise generator that expands waveform generation and can be mixed in to create additional percussion sounds. Two analogue Envelope Generators modulate the VCA and VCF. The VCA Envelope section contains Attack, Decay, and Sustain Level / Repeat knobs as well as a Hold switch that can be used to sustain a note indefinitely, while the Control Envelope features Attack, Decay and Delay/Repeat knobs.
While it is a monophonic instrument, WASP DELUXE's 16-note Poly Chain function lets you combine 16 WASP synthesisers for up to 16-voice polyphony whilst providing vastly improved reliability and stability over its 1970's predecessor. Designed to handle the rigours of life on the road or in the studio, the WASP DELUXE can easily be transferred into a standard Eurorack case for the perfect integration into any existing system.
- Hybrid synthesiser with dual digital OSC design allows for fat music creation.
- Authentic reproduction of original Wasp Deluxe circuitry.
- Pure analogue signal path based on authentic VCF and VCA designs.
- 3 variable oscillator shapes with pulse/ramp and enhanced mode for ultimate sounds.
- Multimode VCF with Lo, Hi, Band, and Notch modes.
- Flexible LFO with 6 waveform shapes including noise and S&H with frequency and pitch modulation controls.
- Two analogue envelope generators for modulation of VCF and VCA.
- Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation.
- 16-voice Poly Chain allows combining multiple synthesisers for up to 16-voice polyphony.
- Complete Eurorack solution: Main module can be transferred to a standard Eurorack case.
- 29 controls give you direct and real-time access to all important parameters.
- External audio input for processing external sound sources.
- Comprehensive USB/MIDI implementation with MIDI channel and voice priority selection.
|Synthesiser Structure||Number of Voices: Monophonic
Oscillators: 2 x Digitally Controlled Oscillators
LFO: 1 x (0.5 to 100 Hz)
VCF: 1 x Switchable Lo, Band, Notch, and Hi
Envelopes: 2 x for VCA and VCF
|Connectivity||Power Input: DC Input Connector
Power Switch: Push Button On/Off
MIDI In and MIDI Thru: 2 x 5-Pin DIN
MIDI Channel Switch: DIP Channel Selection / 16 Channels
USB (MIDI): USB 2.0, Type B
Ext Audio In / Line Level: 1/8" / 3.5 mm
|USB||Type: Class Compliant USB 2.0 Type-B
Supported Operating Systems:
Windows XP or Later
Mac OS X 10.6.8 or Later
|Operating Temperature||41 to 104°F / 5 to 40°C|
|Power||External Power Adapter: 12 VDC, 1000 mA
Power Consumption: 2 W
|Horizontal Pitch||70 HP|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||3.4 x 14.7 x 5.4" / 87 x 374 x 136 mm|
|Weight||3.5 lb / 1.6 kg|