Electro-Harmonix V256 Vocoder Pedal with Reflex Tune
- 3 VOX-ROBO vocoder modes that feature a robotic synthesiser.
- Single, Major, and Minor modes feature a drone synthesiser.
- 3 Vocal transposition modes including Transposition, Instrument Control, and Reflex-Tune.
- Vocoder bands adjustable from a vintage sounding 8 bands to a smooth sounding 256 bands.
- Tone, Gender Bender, and Pitch controls.
- Save and load up to 9 presets; 1 preset for each mode.
- Scroll through the presets using the Mode knob or Preset footswitch.
- Blend control.
- Vocoder band adjustment from 8-256 bands.
- Gender bender for male or female emphasis adjust.
- Reflex Tune for articulate Vocal pitch correction.
- Built-In balanced Mic Pre-Amp with switchable Phantom Power and Gain adjustment.
- Transposition for pitch shifting.
- Instrument control for monophonic pitch replacement.
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #70791
- SKU: EHX-V256
The Electro-Harmonix V256 Vocoder Pedal with Reflex Tune includes internal synthesisers for easy vocoding without an external instrument. The V256 has nine modes to choose from, each giving you a different sonic palette to work with. In addition, each mode may change the functionality of some of the V256's knobs.
VOX-ROBO Modes 1, 2, and 3 are identical. This provides the flexibility to save three separate ROBO presets. These modes function as standard vocoders using an external instrument as the carrier signal, and in addition have robotic internal synthesisers that can be used as the carrier signal and controlled with the PITCH knob. The Single, Major, and Minor Drone modes have a more natural, musical sounding tones than the robotic modes. You can "play" the internal drone synthesiser using a MIDI keyboard or sequencer.
When the MIC BYPASS footswitch is held down while an instrument is being played, the V256 will freeze whatever is being played through the INST input at the moment the MIC BYPASS button is pressed. This frozen sample can also be saved into a preset. In Transposition mode, the V256 will transpose the vocal signal by an amount determined by the PITCH knob. The BANDS knob can be used to control how quickly the intervals change when controlled by a MIDI input. The BANDS knob can be used to control how quickly the intervals change when controlled by a MIDI input. In Instrument Control mode the V256 will replace the vocal pitch with the pitch of an external instrument. The PITCH knob controls the threshold of how loud the instrument must be in order for the V256 to replace the vocal note.
The Reflex Tune mode allows the V256 to work as an automatic pitch corrector and will quantise the dry vocal pitch to nearest note depending on the scale and key set by the user. The V256 can save one preset for each of the 9 modes. Each preset will pertain directly to the mode you have saved it in. Once a preset is saved, the V256 will remember the preset after power has been disconnected.
|Connectors||1 x XLR, microphone input
1 x 1/4" phone jack, INST input
1 x XLR, effect output
1 x 1/4" phone jack, INST output
1 x Power jack, 9 VDC input
1 x 5-pin MIDI input jack
|Controls||1 x Knob: Blend
1 x Knob: Bands
1 x Knob: Tone
1 x Knob: Gender-Bender
1 x Knob: Pitch
1 x Knob: Mode
1 x Push-switch: Mode
1 x Footswitch: Preset
1 x Footswitch: Mic Bypass
1 x Toggle Switch: Mic Gain
1 x Toggle Switch: Phantom Power
|LED Indicators||Preset, solid/blinking
|Mic Preamps||LO Mode = 15 dB; HI Mode = 25 dB (XLR out into High Z load)
LO Mode = 4.5 dB; HI Mode = 15 dB (XLR out into 600Ω load)
A/D and D/A Conversion Sample Rate = 36 kHz
A/D and D/A Conversion Bit Resolution = 24-bits
|Power Requirements||9 - 9.6 VDC @ 200 mA|
|Dimensions||4.75 x 5.75 x 2.5" (146 x 121 x 64 mm)|