Laowa 24mm f/14 Probe Lens (Canon, Cine-Mod)
- EF-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format.
- Aperture Range: f/14 to f/40.
- Two Extra-Low Dispersion Elements.
- One Extra Refractive Index Element.
The Laowa 24mm f/14 Probe Lens (Canon, Cine-Mod) is capable of focusing from 2:1 macro to infinity with an incredible 85° field of view creating a unique ‘Bug Eye’ perspective. The wide angle design provides a greater depth of field at a close distance than conventional telephoto macro lenses.
An extremely long and narrow waterproof front barrel and integrated LED allow a photographer or cinematographer to get shots not previously possible. The probe will cover both standard 35mm full frame & Super35 image sensor.
This "cine-mod" version of the lens has been optimized for video use and features integrated gears on both the aperture and focus rings for doing iris and focus pulls using a follow focus.
- Unique macro lens design offers a greater-than-life-sized 2:1 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 46cm and a working distance of just 2cm.
- The long tubular lens barrel contributes to producing a distinct bug-eye perspective and, despite the short working distance, the length of the lens barrel places the camera at a comfortable shooting distance.
- Wide-angle 24mm focal length affords greater depth of field and more surrounding detail than traditional telephoto macro designs, which tend to isolate subject matter with shallow depth of field.
- Optical design includes two extra-low dispersion elements that control colour fringing and chromatic aberrations to produce greater clarity and colour accuracy. One extra refractive index element is also featured, which reduces spherical aberrations and distortion for improved sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Slim 2cm front diameter allows performing unique "slide-in" shots as well as affords a greater range of close-up, inconspicuous shooting opportunities. The smaller front diameter also makes it easier to illuminate close-up subjects from the front.
- The front of the lens is waterproof, allowing you to comfortably work just under the water surface or in dusty environments.
- The front of the lens has a built-in LED ring light which is powered via a micro-USB port on the barrel, providing some illumination on close-up subjects for easier focusing.
- Designed for use as a close-up macro lens, the manual focus operation also lets you focus at infinity.
- This "cine-mod" version of the lens has built-in focus and aperture gears to aid in doing focus and iris pulls.
- Seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
|Lens Mount||Canon EF|
|Diagonal Angle of View||Full Frame: 85°|
|Minimum Focus Distance from Image Plane||1.54' / 47 cm|
|Optical Design||27 Elements in 19 Groups|
|Front Diameter||20 mm|
|Maximum Magnification Ratio||1:0.5|
|Dimensions (W x H)||1.50 x 1.50" / 38 x 38 mm|
|Length||1.34' / 408 mm|
|Weight||1 lb / 474 g|
In The Box
- Laowa 24mm f/14 Probe Lens (Canon, Cine-Mod)
- USB Cable Dimmer with Power Adjustment.
- USB Cable.
- Lens Bag.
- Metal Lens Case.
Reviews(no ratings yet)
Give it a quick rating:
Thanks for your rating!
Write a review
- Product: Laowa 24mm f/14 Probe Lens (Canon, Cine-Mod)
- Manufacturer: Laowa
- Model: VE2414CC
- SKU: VE2414CC
- RM Product #: 61671
- Zoom or Prime Lens: Prime
- Lens Mount: Canon EF
- Maximum Aperture: f/14
- Focus Type: Manual Focus
- Warranty: 1 year manufacturer warranty