Laowa 60mm f/2.8 2X Ultra-Macro Lens (Canon)
- EF Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format.
- 96mm (35mm Equiv. on APS-C Format).
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22.
- Magnification Range: 2.0x to 0.1x.
The Laowa 60mm f/2.8 2X Ultra-Macro Lens (Canon) is a prime portrait-length lens offering the unique ability to photograph close-up subjects 2.4" away at a 2:1 magnification ratio as well as distant subjects with infinity focus and a 0.1x magnification. The versatility offered by this manual focus, manual aperture selection lens benefits working with close-up subjects and then quickly switching to full-length subjects at distance without the need of extension tubes or other adapters. The lens is optimized for use on APS-C format sensors, where it will provide a 96mm equivalent focal length, and it can also be used on full-frame format DSLRs, however, some vignetting may occur when focused at infinity.
The lens's construction incorporates nine elements in seven groups, and two of the lens groups move in order to control focusing and to avoid barrel distortions. This design also helps to maintain high image clarity, sharpness, and colour accuracy. A rounded 14-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth out-of-focus quality that is especially beneficial when working with near subjects and selective focus techniques.
- Prime 60mm Canon EF mount lens is compatible with full-frame sensors as well as APS-C sensors, where it will provide a 96mm equivalent focal length.
- The lens is capable of focusing on subjects as near as 6cm away with a 2:1 magnification ratio for greater-than-life size macro shooting without the need of extension tubes or adapters. Additionally, the lens is also able to achieve infinity focus with a 1:10 magnification ratio for general shooting applications. When working with full-frame sensors, the image may be slightly vignetted when working at infinity focus.
- Manual focus and manual aperture setting design does not maintain any electronic communication with the camera.
- Nine-element-in-seven-group construction produces a high degree of clarity throughout the focusing range as well as accurate colour rendering.
- Two lens groups move during focusing in order to control barrel distortion.
- Rounded 14-blade diaphragm produces a smooth out-of-focus quality when using selective focus or shallow depth of field techniques.
- A built-in lens hood helps to deflect stray light from causing lens flare or ghosting.
- All-metal lens barrel offers ensured durability and rigidity.
- In addition to the lens itself, a protective filter pouch and a 62mm UV filter are also included.
|Lens Mount||Canon EF|
|Angle of View||40°|
|Maximum Magnification||2 to 0.1x|
|Macro Reproduction Ratio||2:1|
|Minimum Focus Distance||2.36" / 6 cm|
|Optical Design||9 Elements in 7 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||14, Rounded|
|Focus Type||Manual Focus|
|Filter Size||62 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||3.74 x 3.03" / 9.5 x 7.7 cm|
|Weight||1.8 lb / 800 g|
In The Box
- Laowa 60mm f/2.8 2X Ultra-Macro Lens (Canon)
- Front Lens Cap.
- Rear Lens Cap.
- Nylon Lens Pouch.
- 62mm UV Filter.
Reviews(no ratings yet)
Give it a quick rating:
Thanks for your rating!
Write a review
- Product: Laowa 60mm f/2.8 2X Ultra-Macro Lens (Canon)
- Manufacturer: Laowa
- Model: VEN6028C
- SKU: VEN6028C
- RM Product #: 61693
- Zoom or Prime Lens: Prime
- Lens Mount: Canon EF
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8
- Focus Type: Manual Focus
- Warranty: 1 year manufacturer warranty