Metabones Canon EF/EF-S Lens to Micro Four Thirds T Smart Adapter
- Electronic aperture, EXIF, image stabilisation
- Build-in electronics to control lens aperture.
- The lens aperture is set by the controls on the MFT camera/camcorder body e.g. GH4.
- Powered by camera body. no external power source required. (also accept 3rd party external power supply via MicroUSB socket)
- High performance 32-bit processor and efficient switched-mode power supply.
- The tripod foot is detachable and compatible with Arca Swiss, Markins and Photo Clam ball heads.
- Flocking material coating inside the inner hole to reduce the internal reflection.
- EF and EF-S lenses
- Image stabilization (IS) lenses
- Electronic manual focusing (e.g. EF 85/1.2L II and discontinued EF 50/1.0L)
- EXIF (focal length, aperture, zoom range)
- Contax N mount lenses modified to Canon EF by Conurus (see note 1)
- Contax 645 NAM-1 adapter modified to Canon EF by Conurus (see note 1)
- Sigma, Tamron and Tokina lenses in Canon EF mount (see note 1)
- External 5 Volt power supply (see note 4)
- Lens correction such as peripheral shading, CA and distortion
- Focus confirmation "chip" (e.g. Dandelion)
- M42 screw mount adapters (see note 2)
- Stacking non-Metabones/non-Conurus mount adapters on top (see note 3 and list of lenses which require modification below.)
- Lens: Tamron SP 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II VC
A third party zoom lens may need to be registered with the Speed Booster/Smart Adapter first in order to detect its maximum aperture.
Some improperly-made M42 screw mount adapters may short the electronic contacts of the Smart Adapter and cause damage to the Smart Adapter and/or camera body.
Many manual focus lenses (e.g. OM 28/2.8, OM 50/1.8, Leica R 15/3.5) have rear protrusions (spikes, levers, other appendages) which would damage the optics and/or housing of Smart Adapter. They need to be modified before they can be safely used on Smart Adapter. Check and make sure there are no rear protrusions from the adapter/lens combination before using on Smart Adapter. Scratches and damages caused by rear protrusions on Smart Adapter are not covered by warranty.
For those passive (without electronic pin or without power supply from the camcorder) MFT camcorders, this Smart Adapter can also be powered by third-party 5 Volt MicroUSB power supply*.
- *third-party 5 Volt MicroUSB power suppliy is not provided in the box. The compability of 3rd party power supply can't be guaranteed.
Reviews(no ratings yet)
Give it a quick rating:
Thanks for your rating!
Write a review
- Product: Metabones Canon EF/EF-S Lens to Micro Four Thirds T Smart Adapter
- Manufacturer: Metabones
- Model: MB_EF-m43-BT2
- SKU: MB_EF-m43-BT2
- RM Product #: 27708
- Camera Body Mount: Micro Four Thirds
- Lens Mount: Canon EF
- Lens Mount: Canon EF-S
- Warranty: 1 year manufacturer warranty