Metabones Canon EF to MFT Lens Adapter 0.58x
- Canon EF Lens to MFT Camera.
- Positive-Lock Canon EF Lens Mount.
- Increases Maximum Aperture by 1 2/3 Stop.
- Increases Angle of View by 0.58x.
- Autofocus, IS, and Exif Data Support.
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #62031
- SKU: MB_SPEF-m43-BT7
Boost the performance of your full-frame Canon EF-mount lenses when mounted on your Micro Four Thirds camera with this Metabones Canon EF to MFT Lens Adapter 0.58x for Blackmagic Design cameras with Super 16 sensors. This cinema-styled electronic adapter features a positive-lock lens mount that will ensure your adapted lenses are secure and uses optics to reduce the effects of crop factor by making the lens 0.58x wider and simultaneously increasing the maximum aperture by about 1 2/3 stop.
This adapter is equipped with numerous capabilities thanks to the use of a high-performance processor. The features include support for autofocus as well as the ability to control the iris and aperture from the camera body. Smooth iris effects are possible as well on select lenses, and 5-axis stabilisation is available thanks to the communication of information with supported lenses. Also, it enables electronic (focus-by-wire) manual focusing, transmits Exif data to the camera and works with in-lens image stabilisation. Additionally, distance and zoom are displayed on certain camcorders and mirrorless cameras, and Cinema EOS lenses are supported when running the adapter off an external 5 VDC power supply via the micro-USB port.
Beyond electronic communication, the adapter has many physical advantages, such as black flocking on the inside of the adapter that prevents reflections and a rubber gasket to prevent dust and moisture. For larger lenses, there is a removable Arca-type compatible tripod foot with a 1/4"-20 thread on the base.
- Allows users to adapt a full-frame Canon EF-mount lens to a Micro Four Thirds Blackmagic Design camera with a Super 16 sensor size, such as the Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera (BMMCC), Micro Studio Camera 4K (BMMSC 4K), and the original Pocket Cinema Camera HD(BMPCC). It is not compatible with the BMPCC4K Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K.
- Optics are used with a 0.58x magnification to reduce crop factor from 3.02 to 1.75x and simultaneously improve the maximum aperture by f/0.74.
- An advanced optical design with six elements in four groups help improve sharpness and performance of adapted lenses.
- Positive-lock lens mount provides extra security when attaching large lenses.
- Receives power from the camera body or optional 5 VDC power supply via micro-USB port.
- Electronic contacts permit transmission of data between the lens and camera enabling autofocus, autoexposure, image stabilisation, iris, and aperture control from the camera body, as well as saving Exif information and more.
- Smooth iris support with select Canon (2009 and later), Tamron (SP series 2013 and later), and Sigma (2016 and later) lenses.
- Enables electronic manual focusing on lenses, such as the Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II, that use a focus-by-wire system.
- Support for distance and zoom display.
- Internal felt flocking prevents reflections.
- Covers 4K video area on GH4 when using APS-C format lenses.
- Cinema EOS lenses are supported when an external 5 VDC power supply is used, including autofocus, auto iris, and servo zoom.
- Removable Arca-type compatible tripod foot with 1/4"-20 thread.
- Powered by camera body.
|Camera Mount||Micro Four Thirds|
|Lens Mount||Canon EF|
|Optical Design||6 Elements in 4 Groups|
|Dimensions||H: 2.8 x W: 3.0 x D: 1.5" / H: 72.3 x W: 75.9 x D: 38.5 mm|
|Weight||6.4 oz / 181 g|