Metabones Speed Booster Ultra 0.71x Adapter for Nikon F-Mount Lens to Micro Four Thirds-Mount Camera
- Nikon F Lens to Micro 4/3 Body
- Full-Frame Lens to Micro 4/3 Camera Body
- APS-C Lens to Micro 4/3 Body
- 0.71x Micro 4/3 Crop Factor Compensation
- 1-Stop Increase in Lens Apertures
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #27705
- SKU: MB_SPNFG-M43-BM3
The Speed Booster Ultra 0.71x Adapter for Nikon G Lens to Micro Four Thirds-Mount Camera from Metabones allows a full-frame or APS-C Nikon F-mount lens to be mounted onto a Micro Four Thirds-mount camera. While doing so, the adapter's optics help to maximise the connected lens's apparent angle of view while providing a 1-stop increase for the camera over the lens's aperture range.
If a lens intended for 35 mm film or similarly sized full frame as well as APS-C camera sensors is connected to a camera with a Micro Four Thirds-sized sensor, it would project an image larger than the Micro Four Thirds sensor was built to accept. Able to capture only the centre portion of the projected image, the effective angle of view of the lens would be narrowed, creating an in-camera "crop factor." The Speed Booster Ultra 0.71x Adapter for Nikon G Lens to Micro Four Thirds-Mount Camera condenses the light from a lens designed for APS-C as well as 35 mm film, or "full frame" camera sensors and projects it onto a Micro Four Thirds sensor. This allows a Micro Four Thirds sensor to utilise more of the light gathered by a connected lens, which effectively reduces the crop factor while making available to the sensor an additional 1 stop of light for each of the lens's f/stop settings.
This adapter is constructed from aluminium alloy for durability while minimising weight and its mounting rings are made with brass to further prevent wear-and-tear. Inside are five lens elements in four groups that are designed to provide optical clarity as well as colour fidelity, and a detachable tripod foot is included that features 1/4"-20 threads as well as compatibility with Arca-Swiss tripod heads.
The Speed Booster Ultra 0.71x Adapter for Nikon G Lens to Micro Four Thirds-Mount Camera does not support electronic communication between an attached camera and lens. To help determine the amount of light that enters a Micro Four Thirds-mount camera when using this adapter and a Nikon F-mount lens, an aperture dial is built into the Speed Booster Ultra 0.71x Adapter for Nikon G Lens to Micro Four Thirds-Mount Camera. The aperture dial is designed to provide aperture control for Nikon G-type lenses, which do not have an aperture ring. Nikon AI or many post-Nikon AI lenses can have their aperture settings widened or narrowed using their built-in aperture control rings if preferred.
- Allows a full-frame AI or post-AI as well as an APS-C Nikon-F mount lens to be used with a Micro Four Thirds-mount camera
- Maximises apparent angle of view of combined camera and lens
- Provides a 1-stop increase for the camera over the lens's aperture range
- Five lens elements in four groups for optical clarity as well as colour fidelity
- Detachable, Arca-Swiss compatible tripod foot with 3/8" threads
- Aluminium alloy components for weight reduction
- Brass mounting rings prevent wear-and-tear
- Locking mechanism for secure attachment of lens with push-button release
|Camera Mount||Micro Four Thirds|
|Lens Mount||Nikon F|
|Optical Design||5 Elements in 4 Groups|
|Dimensions||ø: 2.6 x D: 0.9" / ø: 6.5 x D: 2.4 cm|