The matched pair of C414 XLII ST Multi-Pattern Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphones from AKG is a staple within the audio industry. Equipped with nine selectable polar patterns, three attenuation levels and three switchable bass-cut filters, the C414 XLII remains one of the most versatile condenser microphones for recording vocals, drums, and acoustic & amplified instruments in the studio or on stage.
This microphone closely approximates the sound of the legendary AKG C12. A slight high-frequency rise at 3 kHz and above helps compensate for the natural loss of high frequencies that occurs at a distance, making the C414 XLII an excellent choice for miking vocals & instruments that are positioned far way. The 1" edge-terminated dual-diaphragm transducer combined with the low-noise electronic circuitry provide a wide dynamic range of 134 dB and can handle SPL up to 158 dB, for a neutral and detailed sound.
Features include a peak-hold LED to alert you if overload peaks occur, and a Lock Mode so the microphone settings cannot be changed unintentionally. The elastic capsule suspension minimises structurally-transmitted noise from chassis vibration. The rugged all-metal body ensures efficient rejection of RF interference and makes this microphone well suited to withstand the rigours of studio and stage handling.
Every factory-matched pair of C414 XLII is created from microphones selected by AKG's computer-aided matching method and provides the highest possible correlation over the microphones' entire frequency range, as well as virtually identical sensitivity for natural three-dimensional stereo recordings. Built and designed in Austria, the set comes with a metal carrying case, two spider-type shockmounts, two stand adapters, two foam windscreens, and a stereo bar.
- Dual 1” edge-terminated transducer
- Nine polar patterns: omnidirectional, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure-8
- 134 dB dynamic range (up to 158 dB SPL)
- High-frequency boost at 3 kHZ for distance miking
- Lock Mode for live operation – all controls can be conveniently disabled
- Peak-hold LED displays overload peaks
- All-metal body rejects electrostatic and electromagnetic interference
- Three switchable bass-cut filters to reduce wind noise and proximity effect (40, 80, & 160 Hz)
- Three attenuation levels for close-up recording and high-output sources (-6,-12,-18 dB)
- Elastic capsule suspension minimises structurally-transmitted noise from chassis vibration
- Designed and manufactured in Austria
|Polar Pattern||Cardioid, Figure-8, Hypercardioid, Omnidirectional, Wide-Angle Cardioid|
|Frequency Range||20 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||88 dB A-Weighted|
|Equivalent Noise Level||6 dB A-Weighted|
|Maximum SPL||140 dB SPL|
|Load Impedance||2200 Ohms|
|Low-Cut Filter||@ 40 Hz|
@ 80 Hz
@ 160 Hz
|Dynamic Range||134 dB A-Weighted|
|Output Connectors||1 x 3-Pin XLR|
|Operating Current Consumption||4.5 mA|
|Operating Voltage||48 V|
|Operating Temperature||-10.00 to 60.00°C|