The classic C414 XLS Multi-Pattern Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone from AKG is a staple within the audio industry. Equipped with nine selectable polar patterns, three attenuation levels and three switchable bass-cut filters, the C414 XLS remains one of the most versatile condenser microphones for recording vocals, drums, and acoustic & amplified instruments in the studio or on stage.
This microphone is designed to closely approximate the sonic character of the vintage C414 B-ULS. The 25.4 mm edge-terminated dual-diaphragm transducer combined with the low-noise electronic circuitry provide a wide dynamic range of 134 dB and can handle SPL up to 158 dB, for a detailed and natural sound.
Features include a peak-hold LED to alert you if overload peaks occur, and a Lock Mode so the microphone settings cannot be changed unintentionally. The elastic capsule suspension minimises structurally transmitted noise from chassis vibration. The rugged all-metal body ensures efficient rejection of RF interference and makes this microphone well suited to withstand the rigours of studio and stage handling.
Built and designed in Austria, the C414 XLS comes with a metal carrying case, a spider-type shockmount, a pop filter, and a foam windscreen.
- Dual-diaphragm 25.4 mm edge-terminated transducer
- Nine polar patterns: omnidirectional, cardioid, hypercardioid, figure-8, wide cardioid, and the intermediate patterns in between
- 134 dB dynamic range (up to 158 dB SPL)
- Lock Mode for live operation – all controls can be conveniently disabled
- Peak-hold LED displays overload peaks
- All-metal body rejects electrostatic and electromagnetic interference
- Three switchable bass-cut filters to reduce wind noise and proximity effect (40, 80, & 160 Hz)
- Three attenuation levels for close-up recording and high-output sources (-6,-12,-18 dB)
- Elastic capsule suspension minimises structurally transmitted noise from chassis vibration
- Designed and manufactured in Austria
|Polar Pattern||Cardioid, Figure-8, Hypercardioid, Omnidirectional, Wide-Angle Cardioid|
|Frequency Range||20 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||88 dB A-Weighted|
|Equivalent Noise Level||6 dB A-Weighted|
|Maximum SPL||140 dB SPL|
|Load Impedance||2200 Ohms|
|Low-Cut Filter||@ 40 Hz|
@ 80 Hz
@ 160 Hz
|Output Connectors||1 x 3-Pin XLR|
|Operating Current Consumption||4.5 mA|
|Operating Voltage||44 to 52 V|
|Operating Temperature||-10.00 to 60.00°C|