(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
Korg MicroKorg XL+ Synthesizer/VocoderProduct #28143 | SKU MICROXLPLUS |(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
- 37 Velocity Sensitive Mini Keys
- 16 Channel Vocoder
- 8 Voice Polyphony (4 Voice with Vocoder)
- 2-Part Multi-Timbral
- Gooseneck Microphone
The MicroKorg XL+ from Korg is a synthesiser/vocoder housed in a compact but rugged enclosure and features thirty-seven, velocity sensitive "Natural Touch" mini-keys. Combining analogue modelling with a vocoder provides the user with a wide range of styles and sounds. Initially featuring 128 programmes, the sound banks can be further expanded using the downloadable and free editor software.
For band use the keyboard includes the piano sound from Korg's SGproX classic stage piano, as well as its hard-edged, grand-type electric piano. Other sounds include the M1 and the VOX organ sounds, vintage tape-type string and flute machines, and more. All of the sounds can be played full-range either by using the onboard octave switch, or by connecting a MIDI-capable, full-sized keyboard.
A sound selector allows for choosing sounds using two large dials, "music genre" and "instrument category." This arrangement is further enhanced by letting the user leave one of the dials fixed and use the other to make programme changes during a song (music genre fixed), or use it to select vocoder variations (instrument category fixed).
The MMT (Multiple Modelling Technology) engine provides two oscillators for sound generation. Oscillator 1 features seven oscillator algorithms including formant waveforms such as human voice, and PCM/DWGS waveforms for vintage keyboard and strings. It also allows for the use of techniques such as cross modulation, unison, and VPM (Variable Phase Modulation). And by taking advantage of modulation (sync or ring) with Oscillator 2, it's easy to create complex sounds.
The vocoder consists of a 16-band filter bank that simulates the sounds of the past, while also allowing for filter frequency shifting (Format Shift), or adjusting the level and pan of each band to dramatically change the overall character of a sound. A gooseneck microphone is included. Two master effects utilise the effect engine from the company's Kaoss Pad series, with a total of seventeen types including delay and echo, a ring modulator and grain shifter. Time based effects can be synchronised to MIDI clock.
- Vintage sounds, including the Korg SGproX piano, M1 and VOX organs, and "Tape" instruments
- Programme genre selector allows for choosing sounds using two large dials marked "music genre" and "instrument category"
- Dial usage can be set to make one dial fixed, while using the other to make programme changes during a song (music genre fixed), or to select vocoder variations (instrument category fixed)
- 128 onboard sounds, plus 640 additional sounds included with the downloadable editor/librarian software for Mac and Windows
- Features MMT, Korg's analogue modelling technology
- Vocoder with gooseneck microphone
- Two master effects utilise the Kaoss effects engine with a total of seventeen effect types including delay and echo as well as ring modulator and grain shifter
- Effects such as delay can be synchronised to MIDI clock to provide a wide range of time-based effects during a live performance
- "Natural Touch" mini-keyboard, designed with an emphasis on playability
- The proportion of the waterfall-type keys has been adjusted to make chords easier to play, with the touch refined for greater ease when playing rapid phrases or a glissando
- Battery powered operation is supported for increased portability
- Connecting the keyboard to a computer via USB allows for using the downloadable editor/librarian software for easy parameter editing and access to additional sounds
|Synthesis Method||MMT (Multiple Modelling Technology)
2 oscillators + noise generator structure
|Keyboard||37 velocity sensitive keys ("Natural Touch" mini-keyboard)|
|Polyphony||8 voice maximum (4 voices when using Vocoder)|
|Multitimbral||2-part when using Layer, Split, or Multi modes|
|Programmes||128 (A/B banks x 8 genres x 8 category)|
Waveform - 8 types (Sawtooth, Pulse, Triangle, Sinae, Formant, Noise, DWGS, Audio In)
Modulation - Waveform, Cross, Unison, VPM
Waveform - 4 types (Sawtooth, Pulse, Triangle, Sinae)
Modulation - Ring, Sync, Ring+Sync
Type - Drive, Decimator, HardClip, OctSaw, MultiTri, MultiSin, SubOSCSaw, SubOSCSqu, SubOSCTri, SubOSCSin, LevelBoost,
-24 dB/octave low-pass
-12 dB/octave low-pass
-12 dB/octave band-pass
-12 dB/octave high-pass
Low-pass, high-pass, band-pass (switchable)
2 units, 17 effect algorithms
|Vocoder||16-channel with formant shift and formant hold and adjustable level and pan for each channel|
|Arpeggiator||6 types (Up, Down, Alt1, Alt2, Random, Trigger, Individual step on/off)|
|Controllers||Pitch Bend wheel
|Inputs||1 x XLR Microphone, balanced (top panel)
1 x 1/4" TS phone, unbalanced with mic/line switch (rear panel)
|Outputs||2 x 1/4" TS phone L/MONO, R (unbalanced)|
|Headphones||1 x 1/4" TRS phone|
|Other Connectors||2 x 5-pin DIN MIDI I/O
1 x USB Type B
|Power Requirements||9V DC external power supply ( included )
6 x AA batteries ( optional )
|Battery Life||Approximately 4 hours with alkaline batteries|
|System Requirements||For Librarian/Editor Software
Intel or PowerPC processor
OS X version 10.5 or later (Intel only)
Available USB port
Computer that satisfies the following operating system requirements
Windows XP SP3 (32-bit), Vista SP2 (32- and 64-bit), Windows 7 SP1 (32- and 64-bit)
Available USB port
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||21.9 x 9.1 x 2.9" (556 x 231 x 73 mm)|
|Weight||2 kg without batteries and microphone|
In The Box
- Korg MicroKorg XL+ Synthesizer/Vocoder
- External Power Supply
- Gooseneck Microphone
Reviews(no ratings yet)
Give it a quick rating:
Thanks for your rating!
Write a review