(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
The Hoya 55mm Variable Neutral Density Filter is a solid variable neutral density filter providing an exposure reduction of about 1.5 to 9 stops. The 0.45 to 2.7 density creates a darkening of the entire image, allowing you to photograph with a wider aperture or slower shutter speed than would normally be required. The degree of density is easily controlled by rotating the front filter ring, helping you to predetermine the additional exposure length required. By slowing your exposure time or increasing your aperture, you are able to control depth of field and convey movement more easily.
This filter is constructed from optical glass to maintain image clarity and is set within a slim profile aluminium ring, which helps to reduce the likelihood of vignetting when used on wide-angle lenses, and does not feature front threads.
- Variable neutral density filter allows you to dial in differing amounts of density from scene to scene
- 0.45 to 2.7 density filter darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required
- Providing a reduction of 1.5 to 9 stops, this filter allows you to control depth of field and convey movement more easily
- Offers increased flexibility to use specific ISO settings or ISO films under bright ambient light
- Provides increased exposure flexibility while using cinema or video cameras within a designated film frame rate
- Slim profile filter ring helps to reduce the likelihood of vignetting with wide-angle lenses
||Variable neutral density
||0.45-2.7 (1.5 to 9 stops)
||Yes; to vary density
||Permits a longer exposure
||Optical glass; aluminium ring
|Front Filter Thread Size
|Front Lens Cap Size