- Canon EF Lens to Sony E APS-C Body
- Full-Frame Lens to Sony E APS-C Body
- Supports In-Camera Aperture Control
- 0.71x APS-C Crop Factor Compensation
- 1-Stop Increase in Lens Apertures
The T Speed Booster Ultra 0.71x Adapter for Canon Full-Frame EF-Mount Lens to Sony E-Mount APS-C Camera from Metabones allows a full-frame Canon EF-mount lens to be mounted onto a Sony E-mount camera. While doing so, the adapter's optics help to maximise the connected lens's apparent angle of view while providing a 1-stop increase for the camera over the lens's aperture range.
If a lens intended for 35 mm film or similarly sized full-frame camera sensors is connected to a camera with a Sony E-mount APS-C-sized sensor, it would project an image larger than the Sony E-mount APS-C sensor was built to accept. Able to capture only the centre portion of the projected image, the effective angle of view of the lens would be narrowed, creating an in-camera "crop factor." The T Speed Booster Ultra 0.71x Adapter for Canon Full-Frame EF-Mount Lens to Sony E-Mount APS-C Camera condenses the light from a lens designed for 35mm film or "full frame" camera sensors and projects it onto a Sony E-mount APS-C sensor. This allows a Sony E-mount APS-C sensor to utilise more of the light gathered by a connected lens, which effectively reduces the crop factor while making available to the sensor an additional 1 stop of light for each of the lens's f/stop settings.
This adapter is constructed from aluminium alloy for durability while minimising weight and its mounting rings are made with brass to further prevent wear-and-tear. Inside are five lens elements in four groups that are designed to provide optical clarity as well as colour fidelity, and a detachable tripod foot is included that features 3/8" threads as well as compatibility with Arca-Swiss tripod heads.
The T Speed Booster Ultra 0.71x Adapter for Canon Full-Frame EF-Mount Lens to Sony E-Mount APS-C Camera supports electronic communication between an attached camera and lens. If the lens includes autofocus, image stabilisation, as well as camera-controlled aperture functions, this adapter is intended to allow those features to be used. If an attached lens is also capable of generating EXIF metadata when used with a directly compatible camera, the T Speed Booster Ultra 0.71x Adapter for Canon Full-Frame EF-Mount Lens to Sony E-Mount APS-C Camera is designed to allow that information to be saved along with image files generated with a combination of the lens, a Sony E-mount camera, and the adapter.
By enabling camera-controlled aperture functions for a Canon EF-Mount Lens when used with a Sony E-mount camera, programme, shutter-priority, aperture-priority, as well as manual modes can be set and used through the camera. Power for these functions is transferred from the camera to the lens, and the T Speed Booster Ultra 0.71x Adapter for Canon Full-Frame EF-Mount Lens to Sony E-Mount APS-C Camera is designed to accomplish this in an energy-efficient manner. When manual focusing is preferred with a compatible electronic lens, an integrated switch can be depressed which opens the lens's aperture diaphragm to it largest setting. The resulting shallow depth-of-field can then be used to help ensure focus accuracy.
While the T Speed Booster Ultra 0.71x Adapter for Canon Full-Frame EF-Mount Lens to Sony E-Mount APS-C Camera is intended for Sony E-mount cameras with APS-C sized sensors, it may also be placed on "full frame" Sony E-mount cameras as well. However, such cameras must be set to "crop mode" when combined with this adapter to avoid generating images with vignetting.
- Allows a full-frame Canon EF-mount lens to be used with a Sony E-mount APS-C camera
- Maximises apparent angle of view of combined camera and lens
- Provides a 1-stop increase for the camera over the lens's aperture range
- Five lens elements in four groups for optical clarity as well as colour fidelity
- Supports electronic communication between camera and lens to enable autofocus, image stabilisation, on-camera aperture control, and EXIF metadata generation when possible
- Internal coating minimises reflections within the adapter barrel
- Detachable, Arca-Swiss compatible tripod foot with 3/8" threads
- Aluminium alloy components for weight reduction
- Brass mounting rings prevent wear-and-tear
- Locking mechanism for secure attachment of lens with push-button release