Utilising a multi-layer coating process for consistent colour rendition from lens to lens, the Samyang 24mm T1.5 VDSLRII Cine Lens for Canon EF Mount answers the challenge of assembling a set of lenses over time. The lens comes in a Canon EF Mount and features industry standard geared focus and iris rings that share common position with other Samyang VDSLRII Cine lenses. To aid focus pullers who have to work both sides of the lens, the aperture and focus scales are marked on both sides of the lens.
This 24mm lens produces a 84.1° coverage when used with full frame cameras. Hybrid aspherical lenses render sharply defined images with a minimum of distortion and chromatic aberrations, with a minimum focus distance of just under 10" from the lens. A removable petal shaped lens hood provides flare protection when shooting without a matte box, the lenses threaded front accepts a 77mm filter ring.
Please note that some cameras may require that Shutter Lock be disengaged when using this lens.
- 24mm lens with approximate angle of view of: 115.7°, ultra-wide angle-of-view when used with a full-frame sensor
- Ultra Multi Coated lenses minimise flare and ghosting, and the lenses are colour matched to a standard eliminating the need to acquire an entire set of lenses at the same time.
- Industry-standard gearing for focus and aperture rings. Each lens in the Samyang VDSLRII Cine lens series share common focus and iris gear ring positions, which speeds up lens changes as accessories such as follow focus units or iris motors don't have to be re-positioned.
- De-clicked aperture ring for smooth iris pulls.
- A minimum focusing distance of 9.8" allows you to get up close to your subject.
- A removable petal-type lens hood provides flare protection without a matte box.
|Lens Mount||Canon EF Mount|
|Lens Construction||13 glass elements in 12 groups|
|Minimum Focus Distance||9.8" (25 cm)|
|Angle of View||115.7°, ultra-wide angle-of-view when used with a full-frame sensor|
|Dimensions||3.27" / 83 mm, 3.84" / 97.5 mm|
|Weight||21.7 oz / 615 g|