(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
The Celestron Reducer Lens 0.7x for EdgeHD 1400 Aplanatic Schmidt Telescope Optical Tube Assembly features a custom 5-element optical design and is engineered to maintain the flat-field performance of the EdgeHD optical system. The EdgeHD 1400 Reducer Lens provides substantial back focus to accommodate an assortment of imaging accessories.
The EdgeHD Reducer Lens offers high index optical elements, including extra low dispersion, exotic Lanthanum elements, which provide high contrast viewing while minimising chromatic aberration. This air-to-glass lens surface features multiple layers of coating for maximum light transmission and colour correction, and contains blackened edges to minimise internal reflection and maximise image contrast.
Moreover, it features large diameter lens elements and up to 60mm clear aperture, which ensure that the optimised image circle remains at a generous 42mm for use with large CCD sensors.
The mechanical design incorporates a computer-assisted CNC machined aluminium housing for precise spacing and alignment of optical elements and threaded metal covers on the lens assembly to protect your lens from dust and scratches.
- 5-element optical layout designed specifically for the EdgeHD 14" Optical Tube Assembly to maintain its flat-field performance
- The EdgeHD 0.7x lens provides generous back focus to accommodate additional accessories and a wide variety of cameras. Also allows use of existing EdgeHD T-adapters and other Celestron imaging accessories (sold separately)
- Makes your EdgeHD 1400 Optical Tube Assembly one full F-Stop faster than f/11, reducing your exposure time by one-half to capture the same brightness of the object
- Increase the field of view by 43%, which is better for capturing wide field images of larger galaxies and nebulae
- The EdgeHD Reducer Lens uses rare earth Lanthanum glass elements for clear, high contrast viewing while minimising chromatic aberration
- All air-to-glass surfaces have multiple layers of coating for maximum light transmission and colour correction
- All lens elements have blackened edges to minimise internal reflection and maximise contrast
Full Frame Design
- Threads directly onto the 3.25" threads of the EdgeHD Optical Tube, which reduces mechanical vignetting and allows for use with larger (full frame) sensors and Off-Axis Guiders
- 60mm clear aperture lens optimised for a 42mm image circle for use with large CCD sensors
- Computer-assisted CNC machined aluminium housing for precise spacing and alignment of optical elements
- Threaded metal covers for both ends of the lens assembly to protect your lens from unwanted dust and scratches
||Optimal: 146 mm
||3.25 lb (1.47 kg)