(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
The SkyProdigy 130mm Reflector Telescope from Celestron is designed for people without any prior knowledge of astronomy or telescopes. In less than three minutes after being turned on, the SkyProdigy will simply "look" up to the sky to self-determine it's position and alignment. It just doesn't get any more straight-forward than this. An eye-opening tour of over 4,000 celestial objects, using SkyProdigy's internal database, is almost instantly available.
The SkyProdigy system combines electronic motors, an intelligent on-board computer, a digital camera and Celestron's StarSense technology. The telescope user does not need to do any positioning or aligning. This is an automatic, instant-alignment telescope. Turn it on, push the button and enjoy the galactic gems! There is a Sky Tour option that offers a customised list of the most interesting objects in the sky to view for your location/time anywhere in the world. No knowledge of the night sky is required. One touch turns everyone into an instant astronomer.
This SkyProdigy is a Newtonian reflector with a 130mm aperture and a focal length of 650mm. Two eyepieces are included - one 25mm as well as a 9.0mm. The mounting platform incorporates a sturdy aluminium tripod with a motorised and computerised altazimuth mount. The SkyX First Light Edition astronomy software is included.
130 mm Reflector Telescope
- AFOV: 1.9°, LFOV: 103' @ 1000 yd / 34.2 m @ 1000 m
- Optical coatings: Aluminium with SiO2 overcoat
- Highest Useful Magnification: 307x
- 2 Eyepieces: 25 mm - 40x, 9.0 mm - 111x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude: 13.1
- Automatic alignment procedure for a fast and accurate setup
- Computerised altazimuth mount provides smart Go-To capabilities
- Quick-release fork arm mount and optical tube for an easy and fast setup without tools
- Sturdy stainless steel tripod and accessory tray help lessen the wobbles
- CD-ROM The SkyX First Light Edition astronomy software for a meaningful astronomical educational experience
- Battery pack provides over 30 hours of use
Computerised Mount Features
- Proven computer control technology for easy slewing to your choosen object
- Database of over 4,000 celestial objects provides comprehensive star gazing
- Proprietary StarSense technology for a completely automatic alignment process withot any required user intervention
- Flash upgradeable hand control software allows downloading updates
- Slew Speeds: 3°/sec, 2°/sec, 1°/sec, .5°/sec, 32x, 16x, 8x, 4x, 2x
- Tracking Rates: sidereal, solar and lunar
- Tracking Modes: altitude-azimuth
- Alignment Procedures: StarSense Automatic Alignment, Solar System Align
|Eyepiece Barrel Diameter
||Rayleigh: 1.07 arcsec
Dawes: 0.89 arcsec
||8 user-supplied AA size alkaline batteries or optional 12V AC adapter
|Optical Tube Dimensions
||Not provided by manufacturer
||18 lb / 8.16 kg