(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
Designed and built for beginners, the Celestron ExploraScope 80AZ 3" f/11.2 Alt-Az Refractor Telescope offers a complete set-up for viewing the Moon, planets, meteor showers, and bright deep-sky objects. The optics are fully multicoated with anti-reflection coatings to reduce light loss and produce brighter and clearer images with more accurate colours versus non-coated systems.
The scope features a manual alt-azimuth mount with an altitude adjustment rod that allows users to track objects as they move across the night sky. Two eyepieces are included to produce 45x and 225x, with a 3x Barlow lens that effectively triples the magnification of each eyepiece. A 90° diagonal is also provided to put the user in a more comfortable viewing position, and it has an erector prism to correct the image orientation horizontally and vertically to enable the scope to be used for terrestrial viewing as well. Its adjustable aluminium tripod provides a stable observation platform, and its adjustable height from 31 to 52" allows for comfortable viewing by most users.
- 3.1" (80mm) aperture
- f/11.2 focal ratio
- 900mm focal length
- Refractor optical design
- Anti-reflection fully multicoated optics
- Manual alt-azimuth yoke mount
- Slow-motion altitude control rod to make minute adjustments
- Aluminium legs with black finish
- Two-section, adjustable height
- Adjustment range: 31-52"
- Accessory tray with eyepiece holders
- 1.25" diameter barrels
- 4mm standard eyepiece yields 225x magnification
- 20mm eyepiece yields 45x power
- 90° erect-image prism corrects view for terrestrial viewing
- 3x Barlow lens effectively triples the magnification of each eyepiece
- Red-dot StarPointer finderscope
||3.1" / 80mm
|Eyepiece Barrel Diameter
Adjustable, 31 - 52" / 78.7 - 132.1 cm
|Optical Tube Dimensions
||34.0" / 86.4 cm
||7.0 lb / 3.2 kg