Refractors are astronomy's sharpest optical design system, bending light just once so that the image remains as crisp as possible. Views are noticeably higher in contrast than either Cassegrains or reflectors. Images are rendered rightside up and laterally reversed.
Celestron's NexStar SLT ( Star Locating Telescope) refractors and reflectors have a sophisticated alignment system called SkyAlign™, which lets you use practically any three celestial objects to align the scope when these are included with the date, time and location. It is fast, accurate and easily performed by anyone.
- Pre-assembled adjustable stainless steel tripod
- Quick release fork arm and tube
- Auxiliary port accepts accessories such as the CN-16 GPS module
- City database of USA and international highlights easily sets location
- Can be used for terrestrial observations at distance
|Optical Lens Diameter
||4.0" ( 102mm)
|Maximum Useful Magnification
|Optical Tube Dimensions
||23.0" ( 58.4 cm) in Length
|Eyepiece Barrel Diameter
||8 1.5-Volt "AA" batteries
( optional #18773 AC adapter)
||14.0 lbs ( 6.35kg)