The Sirui N-2004X Aluminium Tripod is a great tripod for anyone who needs to pack light and reserve the option to, at a moment's notice, slim down their camera's support system to just a monopod. The N-2004X features a leg that unscrews and attaches to a second included mounting plate to form a monopod. And, differing from the N-2004 model, the N-2004X features a split centre column for a fast and easy transition to low-angle shooting.
Reaching a maximum height of 165.1 cm, the tripod itself is quite versatile in its own right – the N-2004X weighs just 1.9 kg but supports up to 15 kg thanks to its thick leg sections (only 3mm difference in diameter of each leg section) and forged aluminium alloy construction. It's suitable for use with just about any head and any 35mm camera, DSLR, point & shoot, or camcorder.
The N-2004X tripod's legs fold upward 180° to achieve a relatively compact folded length of 46 cm – even with select head models attached. The entire package will fit comfortably in most carry-on bags and many backpacks. A custom case with padded handle is included.
The tripod's centre column is reversible, and the N-2004X comes with a short centre column so that you can set up extremely close to the ground for ultra-low-angle shooting. With the centre column split and the long section removed, you can set the legs at their widest angle (80°) and shoot from only 17 cm off the ground.
- The tripod converts easily into a monopod.
- A new split centre column allows for faster and easier transition to low-angle shooting.
- Forged aluminium alloy results in stronger components than the traditional casting process that's often used for tripod chassis. Forging leads to more compacted metal and enhances the integrity of metal grains so they remain consistent and continuous. This leads to a longer product life and better performance.
- An anodising surface treatment, produced by an electrolytic oxidation process to increase the thickness of the natural oxide layer on the surface of metal parts, is applied to increase corrosion & wear resistance and surface hardness, and to enhance colour durability.
- 3mm diameter difference between each successive leg section for greater overall stability.
- Silicone twist locks for leg stages and anti-leg rotation system for faster, one-handed set-up.
- Automatic leg-angle lock mechanism for speed and convenience – independently lock legs into place at three different angles: 23°, 52° & 80°.
- Short centre column allows the tripod to reach extremely low positions – minimum height of 17 cm.
- An additional mounting plate attaches to the unscrewed monopod leg to mount a camera. A wrist strap is included for security in case the operator's grip slips.
- Leg warmer/padding facilitate handling in extreme weather conditions and adds level of protection.
- Centre column hook allows you to add a ballast for a sturdier setup in windy conditions
- Reversible 1/4"-20 & 3/8"-16 screw on mounting plate enables the attachment of virtually any camera, camcorder, or head.
- Well-designed padded travel bag with sturdy shoulder strap for carrying is included.
|Load Capacity||15 kg|
|Maximum Working Height||165.1 cm|
|Max Height without Centre Column||138.9 cm|
|Minimum Working Height||17 cm|
|Folded Length||46 cm|
|Head Mount Type||1/4"-20 Screw, 3/8"-16 Screw|
|Leg Lock Type||Twist Lock|
|Independent Leg Spread||Yes|
|Leg Diameter||27.9 mm|
|Tripod Feet Features||Spiked, Retractable|
|Centre Column Features||Split|
|Centre Column Sections||2|
|Centre Column Extension Type||Rapid|
|Lateral / 90-Degree Centre Column||No|
In The Box
- Sirui N-2004X Aluminum Tripod
- Short Centre Column
- Monopod Mounting Platform
- Extra Reversible Mounting Screw
- Monopod Wrist Strap
- Padded Travel Case with Shoulder Strap
- Allen Keys
- Sirui N-2004X Aluminum Tripod
- RM Product #:
- Minimum Height:
- 17.0 cm
- Load Capacity:
- 15.0 kg
- Maximum Height:
- 165.0 cm
- Closed Length:
- 46 cm
- 1.80 kg