- 256-millisecond stereo impulse response
- Full stereo 24bit 96kHz resolution
- Extended range of tonal options
- Product: #70833
- SKU: STR-IRIDIUM
Nothing reveals the true nature of your guitar and your playing like a world-class tube amp driving a perfectly matched speaker cabinet in a great sounding room. Now there is the Strymon Iridium Amp and IR Cab Pedal, a pedal that truly delivers that sound and feel, with simple controls for effortlessly dialing in the perfect amp tone when going direct. Discover inspiring tube amp responsiveness, unprecedented impulse response speaker cabinet realism, and controllable natural sounding room ambiance.
Go Direct With Gorgeous Tone
Iridium gives you three iconic amplifiers, with a total of nine impulse response speaker cabinets that complement the tonality of the amp. Skip the hassle of lugging around or miking amps. Place Iridium on your pedalboard and send gorgeous stereo amplifier tones, stunningly realistic cabs, and lush room ambiance direct to a recording interface or PA system. With Iridium, it’s a snap to dial in a direct tone that will truly inspire and sound great whether you are monitoring through in-ears, floor wedges, reference monitors, or studio headphones.
Three Iconic Amplifiers
Our Matrix Modeling™ process captures all the subtleties and unique tonal qualities of each amplifier. We’ve taken three iconic tube amps with distinct characters and mathematically modeled every aspect of their circuitry with absolute precision to deliver the response, feel, and inspiring experience of playing through the original amps at their best. Taking the process a step further, we’ve hot-rodded each amp to provide an extended range of tonal options beyond what was available from the original designs.
Nine Stereo IR Cabinets
Iridium’s speaker cabinets offer a level of realism and responsiveness unprecedented in outboard effects. Iridium delivers full stereo 24bit 96kHz resolution for the entire 500 milliseconds of its speaker cabinet impulse responses. Until now, IRs of this resolution has only been available for use within studio recording software. Iridium’s breakthrough technology means you can use the very best impulse responses available, bringing maximum realism to your pedalboard.
Iridium comes pre-loaded with a carefully curated collection of premium cabinet IRs from OwnHammer, Celestion, cabIR and Valhallir. You can also load your own IRs using Strymon Impulse Manager software.
- Deluxe Reverb® 1×12″ by OwnHammer
- Impulse of a vintage Fender® Deluxe Reverb 1×12″ open back combo with a 1978 Fender CTS ceramic 12″ speaker.
- Blues Junior® 1×12″ by cabIR
- Impulse of a 1×12″ Blues Junior cabinet with a Jensen® C12N speaker.
- Vibrolux® 2×10″ by cabIR
- Impulse of a 1965 Fender Vibrolux 2×10″ with Jensen C10NS speakers.
- AC30 2×12″ AlNiCo by OwnHammer
- Impulse of a Vox® AC30/6 open back 2×12″ combo with 2001 Celestion® T0530 Blue AlNiCo speakers.
- 1×12″ AlNiCo by Celestion
- Impulse of a Celestion Blue AlNiCo speaker in a closed back 1×12″ cab.
- Mesa® 4×12″ by Valhallir
- Impulse of a 4×12″ Mesa Boogie halfback with two Celestion Black Shadow® MC-90 and two ElectroVoice® Black Shadow EVM12-L speakers.
- GNR 4×12″ by OwnHammer
- Impulse of a 1971 Marshall® 1960B “basketweave” 4×12″ cabinet with 1971 Celestion T1221 G12M-25 speakers.
- 2×12″ Vintage 30 by Celestion
- Impulse of a Celestion Vintage 30 in an open back 2×12″ cab.
- Marshall 8×12″ AlNiCo by cabIR
- Impulse of a 1965 Marshall 8×12″ re-issue full stack cabinet, with Celestion T652 AlNiCo speakers.
Adjustable Room Ambience
Iridium’s hybrid room reverb combines a 256-millisecond stereo impulse response with Strymon’s reverb tank algorithm for extended decay. This combination places your amp and cab in a natural sounding room (small, medium, or large), creating a space for your amp to open up and breathe.