Tiffen 4 x 5.65" Full Spectrum IRND 1.5 Filter
- Enables Use of ND Without IR Pollution
- Maintains Colour Fidelity
- Ideal for HD Cameras
- ColorCore Water White Glass
Email me when stock arrives
The Tiffen 4 x 5.65" Full Spectrum IRND 1.5 Filter is a combination of both an infrared control filter and a 1.5 neutral density filter. An IRND is ideal for HD cameras, which have greater low-light sensitivity and, subsequently, an increased susceptibility to IR contamination. When using a standard neutral density filter to counter the increased light sensitivity afforded by the HD sensor, the effects of infrared pollution become more apparent. This filter combines an ND filter with a comparable IR control filter to eliminate the spill of infrared light reaching the sensor while still maintaining the extra exposure benefits of a neutral density filter.
This filter is constructed from Water White glass and is made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between 2 pieces of optical glass and grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch. This filter measures 101.6 x 143.5mm.
- Infrared control filter helps to block infrared pollution from affecting the colour fidelity of imagery; this enables a wider colour gamut and truer colours, especially noticeable in the darker regions of the image.
- 1.5 neutral density filter provides a 5 stop exposure reduction.
- Water White optical glass for excellent clarity.
|Filter Type||Solid ND Combination|
|Combination Type||IR Attenuation|
|Density||1.5 (5 Stops)|
|Rectangular Size||101.6 x 143.5 mm|