Tiffen 4 x 5.65" Pearlescent 1/8 Filter
- Softens Contrast
- Reduces Sharpness
- Softens Highlights
- Pearlescent Effect on Highlights
- Reduces Appearance of Blemishes
- ColorCore Technology
The Tiffen 4 x 5.65" Pearlescent 1/8 Filter can be applied to purposely soften contrast and reduce sharpness. This can be useful for high-resolution digital cinematography in order to create a more flattering result of a subject by reducing the appearance of blemishes and softening highlights. Additionally, a pearlescent halo around highlights is created which can further enhance a subject's appearance or produce a desired effect.
This filter has a grade of 1/8. Grades of 1/4, 1/2, 1, and 2 are also available where this filter type's effect becomes approximately twice as strong with each grade number increase.
This filter is made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between 2 pieces of optical glass and grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch.
- Softens contrast and reduces sharpness
- Reduces the appearance of blemishes and softens highlights
- Creates pearlescent halo around highlights
- Padded pouch included for storage and transport
|Filter Type||Diffusion/Soft Focus|
|Filter Factor||1.3x (0.4-Stop)|
|Rectangular Size||4 x 5.65" / 101.6 x 143.5 mm|
|Filter Thickness||0.2" / 4 mm|
In The Box
- Tiffen 4 x 5.65" Pearlescent 1/8 Filter
- Filter Pouch
Reviews(no ratings yet)
Give it a quick rating:
Thanks for your rating!
Write a review
- Product: Tiffen 4 x 5.65" Pearlescent 1/8 Filter
- Manufacturer: Tiffen
- Model: 45650PEARL18
- SKU: 45650PEARL18
- RM Product #: 31548