Tiffen 55mm Red 23A Filter
- Increases Black and White Contrast
- Effect Corresponds to Wratten 23A Filter
- Darkens Blue Tones
- Lightens Red and Orange Tones
- Reduces Haze in Daylight
- 4x Filter Factor, +2 Stop
The Tiffen 55mm Red 23A Filter is traditionally used in black and white photography when a noticeable increase in contrast is desired. This filter significantly boosts the dramatic effect of the image - especially when applied to landscape and scenic images. Although not as intense in effect as a #25 red filter, the 23A will bring you close. Tonal corrections that will make your photo more effective are achieved with this filter particularly when your lighting is flat.
Tiffen's ColorCore glass is produced through a process that entails permanently laminating the filter material in between two pieces of optical glass that are ground flat to tolerances of a ten-thousandth of an inch, then mounting them in precision aluminium rings.
- Use this filter when you need to boost the contrast in your black and white image. Stronger than a #16 orange filter but not as strong as a #25 red, it will add significant drama to the image
- Can also be used in architectural work to enhance brick and stone
- Tiffen's ColorCore glass is sealed between two optical glass sheets. In this way, Tiffen can better control the various densities of their filters and thereby create more exact degrees of filtration. This process makes for greater accuracy of colour as opposed to glass that is simply dyed and become subject to deviation during the dye process
|Filter Type||Black & White Contrast #23A Orange/Light Red|
|Filter Factor||4x (2-Stop)|
|Circular Size||55 mm Filter Thread|
|Front Accessory Thread / Bayonet||55 mm|