Tiffen 62mm Red 23A Filter
- Increases Black and White Contrast
- Effect Corresponds to Wratten 23A Filter
- Darkens Blue Tones
- Lightens Red and Orange Tones
- Reduces Haze in Daylight
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #65894
- SKU: 62R23A
Increasing contrast when working in black and white, this 62mm Red 23A Filter from Tiffen is used to noticeably darken cool and blue tones in order to emphasize both shadows and clouds. Offering greater tonal separation than regular yellow and orange contrast filters, the light-red 23A is especially well-suited to producing dramatic outdoor and landscape imagery. There is an approximate 4x filter factor with this filter, requiring an increase of 2 stops for normal exposure.
The filter is constructed using Tiffen's ColorCore technology, which involves lamenting the filter material between two pieces of optical glass, grounding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch, and mounting within an aluminum alloy ring.
- Light-red filter provides the same effect as a Wratten 23A contrast filter, and helps to darken blue tones while lightening warm orange and red tones, when photographing in black and white.
- Commonly used for landscape photography to emphasise and darken blue skies and give clouds more visual depth.
- Filter factor of 4 requires approximately 2 stops of additional exposure to maintain normal results.
- ColorCore technology, which permanently laminates the filter material between two pieces of optical glass, maintains image clarity, accuracy, and consistency.
- Aluminium filter ring is both lightweight and durable.
|Filter Factor/Density||0.6 (2 Stops) 4x|
|Circular Size||62 mm|
|Front Accessory Thread / Bayonet||62 mm|
|Grade||Equivalent to Wratten 23A|
|Colour Type||Black-and-White Contrast|