- Reduces Highlights and Lowers Contrast
- Softens Wrinkles and Blemishes
- Provides Grainy, Mild Glow to Highlights
- ColorCore Water White Glass
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #52099
- SKU: 72BLACKSATIN1
The Tiffen 72mm Black Satin 1 Filter helps to reduce the overall contrast of an image and better control the highlights within a scene. In addition to rendering highlights with a grittier, more grainy appearance, this filter also helps to subtly soften facial blemishes and wrinkles for a natural, refined look. The 1 density provides less contrast and highlight reduction than the 2, while still producing a soft, yet natural appearance.
This filter is constructed from Water White glass and is made using ColorCore technology, a process that involves laminating the filter substrate between 2 pieces of optical glass, grinding flat to a tolerance of 1/10,000th of an inch, and mounting to precision metal rings.
- Offers greater control over highlights, reduces overall contrast, and produces a grittier, grainier appearance in highlight regions.
- Smoothes facial blemishes, wrinkles, and other textures for a natural look.
- Maintains clear focus and realises a more filmic look than purely digital capture can otherwise record.
- Ideally suited for use with modern lenses and digital image sensors.
- Water White optical glass maintains high optical clarity.
|Effect||Smoothes subject textures, controls highlights, reduces contrast|
|Construction||Water White glass and ColorCore technology|
|Front Filter Thread Size||72 mm|
|Front Lens Cap Size||72 mm|