Acratech's Video Ballhead is a hybrid between a still photography ball head and a fluid, dampened, pan-and-tilt, video head that can hold camera and lens combinations weighing up to 11.3 kg. This version features a lever clamp style quick-release for quickly and easily securing your camera or lens. Despite its load capacity, the Video Ballhead only weighs 680 g, so it can be easily incorporated into an existing still photographer's setup, especially if they want to start shooting video with their camera as well. The head has a flat base that can be screwed onto a still photo tripod with a 1/4"-20 or 3/8"-16 attachment.
Because it combines stills and video head technologies, it can be configured for either purpose. With the fluid, pan-and-tilt dampening engaged, the camera can be moved deliberately and precisely for smooth cinematic shots. With the damping disengaged and the ball unlocked, the camera can be tilted freely in any direction to compose photographs. Using the laser etched markings, the head can also be used with traditional panoramic photography techniques for stitching in post-production. The adjustable Arca-Swiss compatible camera platform can secure camera plates, lens supports, and nodal slides from Acratech and other manufacturers as well, so your existing equipment will still retain compatibility.
- Works as a video head, still photography ball head, long lens head, and a panoramic head
- Fully adjustable ball tension control
- Fits standard tripods with 1/4"-20 or 3/8"-16 mounting screws
- Compatible with Arca-Swiss type quick-release plates
- Removable pan handle
- Laser engraved dual degree markings
- Dual large 15mm bull's eye bubble levels
- CNC machined from 6061 T-6 aluminium and stainless steel
|Load Capacity||11.3 kg|