The Zacuto VCT Pro baseplate echoes a traditional ENG style camera with a modern twist. VCT worked well for ENG cameras but modern cameras are lighter and shorter, without a heavy tape recorder or film magazine on the back. Zacuto designers set out to create a universal baseplate that merged the stability and ease of a classic VCT with contemporary cameras and rigs.
With lenses and cameras being similar weights, the balance point on modern rigs is where the lens meets the camera body. This is perfect for a VCT style baseplate that places your camera virtually behind you. The VCT Pro is balanced and comfortable. Features unique to Zacuto, including a sliding top plate and adjustable rod mount, make this a truly universal baseplate for all cameras, from a mirrorless to one the size of an Alexa.
VCT Pro based rigs are all about finding the perfect balance for your camera. Our lightweight, adjustable rod mount is set far back in the plate, offering plenty of accessory-capable area under the camera lens. This allows you to position your camera further back on the plate, keeping the balance point of your rig directly over your shoulder.
The shoulder pad portion of the VCT Pro is set as far forward on the plate as possible to maximize your accessory capable rod area and aid with balance.
Our elegant sliding top plate enables quick lens changes and lets you take your camera off the rig in seconds. This top plate with mounting screw tracks is also a key balancing feature. The VCT Pro offers 10” of camera balance sliding range.
- 25” x 4.25” x 2” (LxWxH) with 6.5” rods
- Two quick releasable 6.5” rods included
- Weighs 960 grams
- Two quick-release rod ports in the back
- Wide gel-polymer shoulder pad
- One ¼ 20 & ? 16 removable screws included
- One Arri M6 rosette on right side
- Lightweight adjustable rod mount
- 25mm of vertical adjustment
- 10” of camera balance sliding range
- Unique sliding top plate to quickly adjust for lens changes or to release the camera from your rig
- Unique design creates more accessory rod capable area
- V-wedge style tripod connector or directly mount your tripod plate via ¼ 20 & ? 16 screw holes
- ¼ 20 screw holes along the side for accessory mounting options
- Zacuto VCT Pro Baseplate
- 2 x 6.5" 15mm Rods
- 1/4"-20 Camera Screw
- 3/8"-16 Camera Screw