- Functions as a Gimbal Head
- Functions as a Levelling Base
- Reduced Base Diameter for Travel Tripods
- Lever Quick Release for Arca Style
- Dual Laser-Engraved Degree Markings
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #35616
- SKU: 1158
The Acratech GP-s Ballhead with Lever Clamp is an updated version of the existing GP-s head. Rather than a rubber knob, this model features a locking lever for securing the Arca Swiss-style clamp that constitutes the quick-release element.
Featuring first-class construction, the GP-s Ballhead also functions as a gimbal head for lenses up to 400mm f/4.0, and it can be positioned upside-down to function as a levelling base for panoramic photography. Even if you're operating on rocky or otherwise uneven terrain, you can pan absolutely parallel to the horizon, so you won't need to carry a separate levelling base to create accurate stitched panoramic imagery.
With all that functionality, the GP-s Ball head is designed with a small base diameter of 2.08" to allow it to be used with travel-type tripods whose legs fold up 180°, reaching to the top of the tripod head. The smaller base diameter allows the tripod legs to fold more compactly.
The ballhead also features a bull's-eye level on the quick-release clamp and a detent pin, which prevents the plate and anything attached to it from sliding out of the quick-release clamp when it's partially loosened. Lightweight at only 0.9 lb, the GP-s Ballhead supports loads over 11.4 kg from any position, including tilted 90° and mounted upside-down.
- Fits all standard tripods (1/4"-20 and 3/8"-16 threads)
- Easily holds over 11.4 kg at any angle
- Works as a gimbal head with lenses up to 400mm f/4.0
- Weighs 400g with quick-release clamp
- Reduced base diameter of 2.4"
- Dual laser-engraved calibrated panning scales
- Full movements in any camera position
- Precision machined aluminium
- Compatible with Kirk, Arca Swiss, Acratech, R.R.S., and many other quick-release plates
- Beautiful satin black-anodised finish
- Long-lasting stainless-steel hardware
- All knobs are secured so they cannot vibrate loose and fall off
- Built-in safety detent pin
- Oilless and greaseless ball will not attract or hold dirt and debris
- Made in the USA
|Head Type||Ball Head|
|Base Mount||3/8"-16 Thread & 1/4"-20 with Bushing|
|Quick Release Plate Type||Arca-Type|
|Load Capacity||11.3 kg|
|Number of Bubble Level(s)||1|
|Independent Pan Lock||Yes|
|Ball Sphere Diameter||38 mm|
|Base Diameter||53 mm|
|Dimensions||H: 98.0 x W: 80.0 mm|