Advanced new features. Better performance. Better sound quality.
Apogee's Duet is the most respected portable audio interface ever. Along with receiving many industry awards, Duet has also been instrumental in the creation of numerous GRAMMY winning records. While others have been trying to emulate its sound quality, ease of use and innovative design, we have been busy making an even better Duet. Duet 2 builds on the incredible success of its predecessor by incorporating customer feedback, adding advanced new features and delivering even better sound quality than the original.
Smooth, detailed world-class mic preamps
The Duet 2 mic preamps feature a new design, all new components and seamless click-free transitions as the gain increases and decreases throughout the incredible range of 0-75dB. This unprecedented feature allows you to dial in the perfect level while delivering ultra-low noise and smooth, crisp detail. Most importantly, the Duet 2 mic preamps are optimized for any sound source, so no matter what you are recording you’ll capture every detail.
Pristine, next generation AD/DA converters
Much like the mic preamps, the Duet 2 AD/DA converters are an all-new design and deliver the purest recordings and best listening experience possible. This totally new design takes the personal studio to the next level with state-of-the-art components and next-generation conversion.
Full Color OLED Display
New to Duet 2 is a full color OLED display. This high resolution screen is the main control center for Duet 2, delivering visual feedback for multiple functions including metering, numeric value for input and output levels, input grouping, and phase, muting, phantom power and Soft Limit indication. With this display you know the status of any input and output at any given moment without having to refer to Maestro or your recording software.
Duet 2 also introduces configurable touchpads. The 2 touchpads, located on either side of the encoder knob, allow you to quickly access output functions such as “Mute Outputs”, “Dim Outputs”, “Sum to Mono” or “Toggle Headphone Source”. Each are assignable using a drop-down menu within Apogee’s new Maestro 2. This unique feature allows you to select the function you want and access it directly from Duet 2 without having to look at software.
Made for the Mac, Core Audio compatible
Designed exclusively for the Mac and made for GarageBand and Logic, Duet 2 is the perfect centerpiece for any personal, Mac-based studio. Duet 2 is also Core Audio compatible making it ideal for other music creation apps like Pro Tools, Ableton Live and Cubase.
Computer: Intel Mac 1.5GHz or faster
Memory: 2 GB RAM minimum, 4 GB recommended
OS: 10.6.4 or greater
Connection and Power: USB, powered by any available USB port on the computer (DC power optional)
Duet 2 works with and Core Audio compatible application including:
- Soundtrack Pro
- Final Cut
- Pro Tools 9
- Albeton Live
- Digital Performer
In the box
- Duet 2
- Breakout Cable with: 2 Combination Line/Mic/Instrument Inputs, 2 Balanced Line Outputs
- 2 Meter USB Cable
- Universal Power Adapter for US, UK and EU
- Quick Start Guide
- Software download and installation instructions
- USB 2.0 Mac audio interface
- 2 analog inputs: Combination Line (balanced +20dBu max)
Mic/Instrument (+14dBu max)
- 4 analog outputs: Balanced line outputs, +20 dBu maximum output level and 1 Independent 1/4” stereo headphone output
- 2 Microphone preamps with up to 75dB of gain
- A/D and D/A conversion at 24-bit/192kHz
- Top panel high resolution OLED display
- Multi-function controller knob
- Two assignable top panel touchpads: Mute speakers, headphones or all outputs - Assign headphones to outputs 1-2, 3-4 or low latency mixer - Dim speakers, headphones or all outputs - Sum to mono speakers, headphones or all outputs
- Selectable 48v phantom power, Soft Limit and phase invert