Please note:Dome ports, extension rings, lens gears and other accessories for this model are not included and are sold separately. Please refer to the 'What's included' section at the bottom of the page for items that are included with this model.
Aquatica Canon 1Ds Mark III Underwater Housing
Canon 1Ds mark III Digital Pro Housing Ikelite bulkhead & Moisture Alarm
Aquatica is proud to announce that it will design and manufacture housings for the fabulous Canon 1DS mark III, with 21.1 mega pixels this camera/housing combination will push the boundaries of underwater photography to another level. Machined from solid aluminum, treated and anodized to military specification, then painted with a highly resistant powder coating, this addition to our already wide selection of housings will benefit from the same 300 ft. depth rating that set us apart from our competitors.
The 1DS Mk III housing has the same mounting bayonet and accessories as our existing housings, including our tack sharp Megadome and the Aqua View finder and therefore will be in a position to address every aspect of this demanding activity that is underwater photography.
- Bayonet Port: Positive bayonet mounting leaves no doubt that your ports are secure in place and water tight. The bayonet system dome, macro ports and extension rings, offers the fastest access to lenses for rapid changing without having to remove the SLR from the housing. Allows use of lenses from a 15mm fisheye lens to a 180mm macro lens. Tele-converter port extensions are also available.
- Fingertip access to all camera menu controls include On-Off, Mode, bracket, Meter positioning, focus control and AE/AF lock as well as AF preferences. Access to all menu features include review, enlarge and delete, histogram and internal SLR preferences.
- Lens release lever for easy lens changing through the front port with camera installed.
- Built in remote control compatibility, no modification or special connectors to install.
- The most critical aspect of underwater SLR photography is the viewing system. The Aquatica 1DS Mk III uses a viewfinder that derives the biggest and the brightest image possible in full frame viewing to your eye. An accessory Aqua View Finder is also available giving the user unparallel viewing of the camera's viewfinder for sharp focusing and exact composition.
- Depth rating: 90 meters
- Precision machined from a single aluminum block. It is fully anodized to military specifications and coated with polyurethane powder paint and clear coat. All function labels are pad printing so they will not peel off or fade.
- Accurately balanced ergonomic design - all controls are within easy reach.
- Excellent underwater balance.
- Replaceable sacrificial anodes protect the housing from electrolysis.
The recommended servicing procedures of the products are outlined in the manuals supplied with the product. The outside of the housings and the accessories should be rinsed in fresh water after every dive. The handles should be removed after use otherwise if they remain attached to the housing for any length of time they may bind to the housing and be extremely difficult to remove. We suggest that the main O rings be lubricated regularly and all of the O rings be checked annually.
Grips, (left and right hand)
Hexagonal head bolts (2)
Hexagonal (Allen) key
Spare main O-ring
Container of O-ring lubricant