Please note:Dome ports, extension rings, lens gears and other accessories for this model are not included and are sold separately. Please refer to the 'What's included' section at the bottom of the page for items that are included with this model.
Aquatica Canon T2i or 550D Underwater Housing with Dual OFP
Aquatica for Canon T2i / 550D with dual optical fiber ports (for Sea & Sea and Inon type)
The Aquatica T2i housing is a working proof of aquatica's ongoing commitment to get high quality products available not only rapidly to the users, but with a reasonable pricing as well, Aquatica is proudly introducing its latest addition for the new Canon T2i / 550D camera. With an impressive 18MP APS-C CMOS sensor and 1080p HD video recording with easy manual controls, this camera/housing combination is the ultimate affordable refinement of underwater imaging at the moment. TTL strobe exposure is now a breeze with the Optical Fiber strobe connectors. You can to take full advantage of the newer strobes lighting technologies available nowadays this can be done while retaining the options of classic Nikonos and Ikelite bulkhead connectors always available to the user. This form fitting and light weight housing is machined from solid aluminum on our new 5 axis machining center, A sophisticated instrument that enable aquatica to reduce weight and size like never before. The AT2i housing is treated and anodized to military specification, then coated with a powder coating and baked for a robust weather and wear resistant external finish, the AT2i housing maybe light but will still benefit from the same 300 ft. + depth rating that has set aquatica apart from other competitors for so long.
Newly introduced on the AT2i housing are retractable Focus/zoom gear rack and a pull out lens release that clear the path for a smooth and straightforward installation of the camera with a lens is mounted on it, even when a gear is attached to it. One of the top priorities of this design was to do this without compromising the size or weight of the housing.
Introduced with the Aquatica AT2i housing is a new type of retractable focus/zoom gear rack and lens release lever, pulling out these cleverly designed controls clears the path for smoothly installing and removing the camera/lens assembly even when a zoom or focus gear is attached to the lens. Battery, card or lens replacement now becomes a simple straightforward task to do.
The Aquatica T2i housing features easy access to the vital video function controls while retaining its ease of operation for still imaging, all vital controls for both imaging modes have been moved to easily accessible and comfortable locations on the housing, it of course benefits from the same time proven mounting bayonet and will accept all our existing accessories and ports, including our tack sharp Megadome, the new Mini Dome 100, low profile macro port, Aqua View finder and remote control cord, aquatica now present you a tool up to the task of fulfilling the needs of the most exigent underwater imaging individual.
- Optical Fiber Strobe Connectors: Options include Optical ports for both Sea & Sea ® or INON ® type connectors, as well, traditional methods of connecting strobes via the Nikonos ® or Ikelite ® standard connectors are retained, it in essence, make this housing the most flexible in the industry as far as connectivity to underwater strobes.
- Internal camera flash access: a push button on the housing is provided to release the flash in the up position and a lever to shut it down is supplied as well, this allows the user to quickly shutdown the internal flash for ambient light images and easily returns to flash photography at the push of a button.
- Bayonet Port: Positive four point bayonet mounting and a locking mechanism leaves no doubt that your ports are secure in place and water tight. The bayonet system dome, macro ports and extension rings, offers the fastest and most comprehensive access to the lenses for rapid changing without having to remove the camera from the housing. This housing allows use of lenses from a 10mm/180 degrees fisheye lens to a 200mm macro lens. Teleconverter port extensions are also available.
- Menus: Buttons have been angled 20 degrees and extended when needed for better ergonomic, knob are now grooved and knurled for optimum operation when wearing thick gloves
- Hydrophone : available as an accessory and easily mounted via one of the provided accessories bulkhead mounting holes
- Controls: Fingertip access to all camera menus and video controls includes On-Off, Live View mode, Record On/Off, ISO lever, Exposure Mode, bracketing, Meter positioning and focus control, AF activation and lock access via a single easy access lever. Access to all menu features include review, enlarge and delete, histogram and internal SLR preferences.
- Lens Release: (NEW) A retractable lever is provided for easy lens changing through the front port with camera installed.
- Retractable Focus / Zoom control knob: (NEW) a retractable mechanism now allows the gear rack to be pulled out of the way, this make easy work of inserting and removing the camera when a lens with a gear is attached to it.
- Remote Control Grip: available as an accessory and easily mounted via one of the provided accessories bulkhead mounting holes
- Viewing Eye Piece: The most critical aspect of underwater SLR photography is the viewing system. In this aspect our housing uses a viewfinder that show the biggest and the brightest image possible in full frame viewing to your eye. An accessory Aqua View Finder is also available giving the user unparallel viewing of the camera's viewfinder for sharp focusing and exact composition.
- Depth rating: 300 feet/90 meters (upgradeable on request to 425ft/130 meters)
- Precision machined from a single aluminum block. This light weight housing is fully anodized to military specifications and coated with robust wear resistant coating. All function labels are pad printing so they will not peel off or fade.
- Accurately balanced ergonomic design - all controls including the video activating controls are within easy reach, clearly visible labelling of functions
- Excellent Underwater balance.
- Replaceable sacrificial anode to protect the housing from electrolysis.
- Size: Width 9” (13” with grip attached) x 5.25”, height: 6.125” / Weight : 5.3 Lbs
- Size: With 22.9cm (33cm with grip attached) x 13.3cm, height : 15.6cm / Weight: 2.4kg
The recommended servicing procedures of the products are outlined in the manuals supplied with the product. The outside of the housings and the accessories should be rinsed in fresh water after every dive. The handles should be removed after use otherwise if they remain attached to the housing for any length of time they may bind to the housing and be extremely difficult to remove. We suggest that the main O rings be lubricated regularly and all of the O rings be checked annually.
Grips, (left and right hand)
Hexagonal head bolts (2)
Hexagonal (Allen) key
Spare main O-ring
Container of O-ring lubricant