Please note:Dome ports, extension rings, lens gears and other accessories for this model are not included and are sold separately. Please refer to the 'What's included' section at the bottom of the page for items that are included with this model.
Aquatica Nikon D700 Underwater Housing
Nikon D700 Digital Housing with Ikelite manual bulkhead
Aquatica is proud to announce its latest addition, the new look Aquatica Digital Pro housing for Nikon’s new reference camera the D700, with 12.1 mega pixels and a new bench mark setting low light capability this camera/housing combination will open up new frontiers to today’s underwater photographer. The new Aquatica D700, with a recommended retail price of 2,949.00 USD, features a bold new design machined from solid aluminum, it is treated and anodized to military specification, then painted with a robust weather and wear resistant finish; this new housing joins the rank of our already wide selection of housings, as with his other siblings, the Aquatica housing for the D700 benefits from the same 300 ft. depth rating that set aquatica apart from other competitors.
This Aquatica Digital Pro housing incorporates the same mounting bayonet as all aquatica's current housings, meaning that it will accept our existing ports and extensions, including aquatica's tack sharp Megadome. As expected, our line of standard accessories such as the Aqua View finder, remote control cord, and TLC line of strobe arms are also fully compatible with it, this integration into the industry’s most complete underwater photography system puts the D700 housing in a position to face every aspect of this ever so demanding field of activity and reward its user with the best result that technology can offer.
- Bayonet Port: Positive bayonet mounting and locking leaves no doubt that your ports are secure in place and water tight. The bayonet system dome, macro ports and extension rings, offers the fastest access to lenses for rapid changing without having to remove the SLR from the housing. Allows the use of lenses from 180 degrees fisheye to the longest of macro lenses. Tele-converter port extensions are also available. And the Aquatica bayonet features one of the largest standard port opening, insuring compatibility with today’s generation of large diameter lenses
- Fingertip access to all camera menu controls include On-Off, Mode selection, bracketing, Meter pattern selection, focus control and AE/AF lock as well as AF preferences. Access to all menu features include review, enlarge and delete, histogram and internal SLR preferences.
- Lens release lever for easy lens changing through the front port with camera installed.
- Built in remote control compatibility, no modification or special connectors to install.
- The most critical aspect of underwater SLR photography is the viewing system. The Aquatica Digital Pro housing for the D700 uses a viewfinder that provides the biggest and the brightest image possible in full frame viewing to your eye. An accessory Aqua View Finder is also available giving the user unparallel viewing of the camera's viewfinder for sharp focusing and exact composition and without blocking the view of the rear LCD screen.
- Depth rating: 300 feet/90 meters
- Precision machined from a single aluminum block. It is fully anodized to military specifications and coated with robust wear resistant coating. All function labels are pad printing so they will not peel off or fade.
- Accurately balanced ergonomic design - all controls are within easy reach.
- Excellent underwater balance.
- Replaceable sacrificial anodes protect the housing from electrolysis.
- Supplied with dual Nikonos Type or Ikelite single strobe connectors.
The recommended servicing procedures of the products are outlined in the manuals supplied with the product. The outside of the housings and the accessories should be rinsed in fresh water after every dive. The handles should be removed after use otherwise if they remain attached to the housing for any length of time they may bind to the housing and be extremely difficult to remove. We suggest that the main O rings be lubricated regularly and all of the O rings be checked annually.
Grips, (left and right hand)
Hexagonal head bolts (2)
Hexagonal (Allen) key
Spare main O-ring
Container of O-ring lubricant