Aurora-Aperture 82mm Power XND Mark II Variable ND 1.5 to 3.3 Filter
- Variable 1.5-3.3 Neutral Density Filter
- Reduces Exposure by 5 to 11 Stops
- Darkens Entire Image
- Greater Control over Exposure Settings
- Reduce Shutter Speeds, Widen Apertures
- Product: #58234
- SKU: PXND2-2000 82mm
The Aurora-Aperture 82mm Power XND Mark II Variable ND 1.5 to 3.3 Filter is a variable neutral density filter that is designed to mount onto lenses with 82mm front filter threads and provides an exposure reduction of 5 to 11 stops. Its 1.5 to 3.3 density creates a darkening of the entire image, allowing you to photograph with a wider aperture or slower shutter speed than normally required. The degree of density is easily controlled by rotating the front filter ring, helping you to predetermine the additional exposure length required. By increasing your aperture or slowing your exposure time, you are able to control depth of field and convey movement more easily. For easier, repeatable control over density settings, the front ring is visually demarcated with numbers representing different density values and includes a rotation lever to further enable fast and precise positioning of the front ring.
This filter is constructed from Schott B270 glass for increased optical clarity as well as colour fidelity, and each glass surface is multi-coated to prevent ghosting as well as reflections. The nano coating associated with the 82mm Power XND Mark II Variable Neutral Density 1.5 to 3.3 Filter provides an additional layer that allows for more efficient cleaning when its surfaces come in contact with dust, dirt, water, or oil.
- Variable neutral density filter allows you to apply differing amounts of density from scene to scene.
- 5 to 3.3 neutral density filter darkens the image, allowing you to photograph with a longer shutter speed or wider aperture than normally required.
- 32x to 2000x filter factor provides an exposure reduction of 5 to 11 stops, allowing you to control depth of field and convey movement more easily.
- Offers increased flexibility to use specific ISO settings or ISO films under bright ambient light.
- Provides increased exposure flexibility while using cinema or video cameras within a designated film frame rate.
- Constructed from Schott B270 glass for increased optical clarity and colour fidelity.
- Multi-coated to prevent ghosting as well as reflections.
- Nano coating allows for more efficient cleaning when the filter's surfaces come in contact with dust, dirt, water, or oil.
- Durable and lightweight aluminium-alloy filter ring assembly with 82mm front filter threads allows for use with other filters.
- 0-thick aluminium-alloy filter ring assembly helps minimise the potential for vignetting.
- Removable side lever allows the filter glass to be easily rotated.
- Front filter ring constructed to help ensure that its rotation corresponds to the filter's exposure reduction range.
|Filter Type||Variable ND|
|Density||1.5 (5 Stops) to 3.3 (11 Stops)|
|Circular Size||82 mm|
|Front Accessory Thread / Bayonet||82 mm|
|Filter Thickness||0.24" / 6.0 mm|