The 16-input XENYX 1222FX is an analog mixer that brings together old-school feel, onboard digital effects the endless possibilities of digital recording. Its included USB interface and energyXT2.5 Compact BEHRINGER Edition software will have you laying down your special effects-laden masterpiece in no time flat.
- Premium ultra low-noise, high headroom analog mixer
- 4 state-of-the-art XENYX Mic Preamps comparable to stand-alone boutique preamps
- Neo-classic "British" 3-band EQs for warm and musical sound
- Studio-grade 24-bit stereo FX processor with 100 awesome presets including reverb, chorus, flanger, delay, pitch shifter and various multi-effects
- USB/Audio Interface included to connect directly to your computer. Revolutionary energyXT2.5 Compact music production software included; more free audio recording and editing software downloadable at www.behringer.com
- 7-band stereo graphic EQ allows precise frequency correction of monitor or main mixes
- Revolutionary FBQ Feedback Detection System instantly reveals critical frequencies
- Breathtaking XPQ 3D stereo surround effect for more vitality and enhanced stereo image
- Voice Canceller function for easy-to-use sing-along applications
- 4 fully equipped stereo input channels featuring 2 additional mic inputs on channels 5/6 and 7/8, 3-band EQ and input trim control
- Channel inserts on each mono channel for flexible connection of outboard equipment
- 2 aux sends per channel: 1 pre fader for monitoring, 1 post fader (for internal FX and/or as external send); 2 multi-functional stereo aux returns
- Balanced main mix outputs with gold-plated XLR connectors, headphone/control room output and stereo tape outputs
- Long-wearing 60-mm logarithmic-taper faders and sealed rotary controls
- Internal autorange power supply for maximum flexibility (100 - 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- Rack mount brackets included for ultimate flexibility
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany
energyXT2.5 Compact BEHRINGER Edition included! If you’re ready to take your projects to an even higher level, XT Software’s energyXT2.5 is just the trick. This amazing DAW (digital audio workstation) makes it easy to manipulate your audio and MIDI files, turning song ideas into stunning CD or web-ready recordings. energyXT2.5 includes built-in synthesizers, which can be accessed directly via an external controller or programmed by step-write mode. There’s even a built-in drum machine and internal multi-FX processor.
Superior Mic Preamps
The BEHRINGER XENYX 1222FX represents a significant milestone in the development of mixer technology. Equipped with our premium XENYX mic preamps, it can easily hold its own against expensive stand-alone mic pres, both in terms of sound quality and available headroom. XENYX preamps offer a staggering 130 dB of dynamic range, with a bandwidth that extends from below 10 Hz to well above 200 kHz.
These preamps provide such transparent, crystal-clear performance you just might think someone upgraded your mics. And thanks to available onboard phantom power, you can deploy studio-quality condenser mics — pretty cool for drum overheads and tracking vocals in the studio.
Sublimely Musical “British” EQ
The British consoles of the 1960s and ‘70s changed the sound of rock and roll — without them, the “British Invasion” might not have happened. Those legendary mixing desks soon became the envy of engineers and producers all over the world. The EQ on our new XENYX Series mixers is based on that very same circuitry, allowing you to infuse signals with incredible warmth and detailed musical character. Even when pushed to extreme settings, these equalizers exhibit superb audio quality.
All channel strips on the 1222FX feature HIGH and LOW filters of the shelving variety, with cut-off frequencies of 12 kHz and 80 Hz respectively. The MID band is configured as a peak filter with a center frequency of 2.5 kHz.
Built-In Effects Processor
Outboard digital effects are expensive and typically come with huge manuals that no one reads. You won’t need outboard effects with the XENYX 1222FX because we’ve included 100 of the best sounding, easiest-to-use 24-bit digital effects on the market. Just choose the effect you want, from a small hall to a robust stadium reverb, or anything in-between. There are even combination effects for layering delays and reverbs, choruses and reverbs, or phasing and chorusing, just to name a few.
Flexible Routing Made Easy
We’ve anticipated all of your signal routing needs on the XENYX 1222FX, including two stereo AUX Sends & Returns, so you can create multiple monitor mixes, with or without effects. You can also use the AUX Sends in conjunction with our POWERPLAY PRO headphone distribution amps to create multiple independent headphone mixes.
While many of our competitors force you to buy a separate card to connect to your computer, we’ve included superb USB connectivity with each and every XENYX 1222FX. No drivers to download, no complicated setup routines, just plug the included UCA200 2-input/2-output USB/Audio Interface into your Windows or Mac computer and start tracking!
Of course, to take full advantage of the 1222FX’s USB capabilities, you’ll need software. And we’ve got an incredible software package for you, indeed. If you’re new to audio recording, the latest versions of Kristal Audio Engine and Audacity are available free of charge — just click the free software link on this page for your downloads. It’s FREE and always fresh!
If you’re ready to take your projects to an even higher level, XT Software’s energyXT2.5 Compact BEHRINGER Edition is just the trick. This amazing DAW (digital audio workstation) makes it easy to manipulate your audio and MIDI files, turning song ideas into stunning CD or web-ready recordings. energyXT2.5 Compact BEHRINGER Edition includes built-in synthesizers, which can be accessed directly via an external controller or programmed by step-write mode. There’s even a built-in drum machine and internal multi-FX processor.