Bravo Audio - Bravo V2 Class A Tube Headphone Amplifier
- Product: #32822
- SKU: Bravo V2
Bravo Audio V2 Class A 12AU7 Tube Multi-Hybrid Headphone Amplifier
Looking for a high-quality headphone amp or to dip your toes in the world of tube audio? The Bravo V2 headphone amplifier will let you do both! Smart, modern aesthetics and a small form-factor mean that this amp will find a home on any desktop. A great deal of attention was paid to part quality on this amp, employing a well-regarded Shuguang 12AU7 tube, Japanese ALPS potentiometer and Chemi-Con capacitor, and numerous other high grade parts. Signal input is through either RCA or 3.5mm stereo jacks. The output jack is 1/4" stereo, but an adapter is included for those using headphones with a 3.5mm plug. A 24 VDC 1A switching power supply is included.
Why Tube Amplification?
Many audio experts believe that technology is just now catching up with the sonic benefits offered by "old-fashioned" tubes. The simplicity of tube circuitry contributes to reduced parts counts and greater sonic clarity. Tubes use far less (if any) negative feedback compared to transistorized amplification circuits. If and when tubes do overload, their subjective sound quality is often preferred to the breakup characteristics of transistors. Although glass vacuum tubes appear fragile, they are robust electrically. They tolerate high peak voltages, and also withstand longer-term overload conditions better than their solid state equivalents.
• Power requirement: 24 VDC
• Input sensitivity: 100 mV
• Input impedance: 100K ohm
• Supported headphone impedance: 20 ~ 600 ohm
• Gain: 30 dB
• Frequency response: 10 Hz – 60 kHz +/- 0.25 dB • Dynamic range: 84.6 dBA (300 ohm), 89.8 dBA (33 ohm )
• THD: 0.016% (300 ohm), 0.45% (33 ohm)
• Dimensions: 3.11" L x 3.11" W x 1.73" H.
- Included 12AU7 tube produces warm tones
- Parallel 3.5mm and RCA stereo inputs
- Gain control with Japanese ALPS potentiometer