Electro-Harmonix Mono Synth Guitar Synthesizer Pedal
- Vintage, Classic, and Modern Synth Tones.
- 11 Effect Types.
- Monophonic Tracking for Bass & Leads.
- Dry & Synth Volume Knobs.
- Sensitivity Knob & Control Knob.
The Electro-Harmonix Mono Synth Guitar Synthesizer Pedal is a monophonic synth pedal for electric guitars. With this stompbox, you can trigger the sound of all sorts of classic, vintage, and modern synths with your guitar, doing so without the use of special pickups or MIDI information. The pedal is meant for monophonic use, meaning it will only track one note at a time from your guitar. This makes it suitable for lead parts and synth-bass lines.
Eleven different effect types are available via the effects Type knob. You can create a preset for every effect type and save it to the pedal with the Preset footswitch, or you can fly by the seat of your pants in manual mode.
The controls are relatively straightforward: Dry and Synth Volume knobs control the output level of the dry and processed signals respectively, while the Sensitivity knob dictates how loud you have to play before the effect takes hold on your playing. The function of the Control knob will change depending on the effect type you'Voe selected.
A 1/4" instrument input is provided, as is a 1/4" TRS expression jack for compatible expression pedals. If you opt to use an expression pedal, you'll find that the parameter it controls will change depending on the effects type you select. The output section provides two jacks, one for your dry output, and the other for your processed signal. Note that the Dry knob does not change the volume of the signal at the dry output jack; that signal is a buffered bypass version of your original signal.
The pedal's overall bypass circuit is buffered in order to protect signal integrity over long cable runs. A power supply is needed to run the Mono Synth and is provided with the pedal.
11 Effects Types
- Nu Wave: pulsating, string-like synth.
- Unison: huge sound, made of stacked voices from a polyphonic synth.
- Blast: aggressive and resonant synth with deep filter modulation.
- Twin: throaty, dual-filter sound.
- Bass: octave-down synth for adding low end.
- XOX: fast-decaying synth reminiscent of the TB.
- Wub: pulsating synth with a modulating filter.
- Tinker: synth for producing bell-like tones.
- Lair: expressive synth with filter control via the expression jack.
- Ghost: haunting synth tone with a warbling modulation effect.
- Blister: piercing synth with an added, adjustable pitched note.
Controls at a Glance
- Dry Volume knob: This controls the level of the untreated, unaffected input signal that's present at the Synth Output jack.
- Synth Volume knob: This controls the overall output level of the synth effect.
- Sensitivity knob: Lower settings require louder notes to trigger the synth effect, while higher settings trigger the effect with every note you play. For some effect types, this knob also adjusts the sweep range of the filter envelope.
- Control knob: The function of this knob changes depending on the synth type selected.
- Preset footswitch: Use this footswitch to save presets and toggle preset/manual mode on and off.
- Bypass/engage footswitch: Use this control to turn the effect on and off.
|Audio Connections||1 x 1/4" Instrument Input, Phone Type
1 x 1/4" Expression Input, Phone Type
1 x 1/4" Synth Output, Phone Type
1 x 1/4" Dry Output, Phone Type
|Controls||Dry Volume Knob
Synth Volume Knob
Effect Type Selector
|Current Draw||125 mA at 9 VDC|
|Dimensions (W x L x H)||4.0 x 4.8 x 2.3" / 101.6 x 120.7 x 57.2 mm|
|Weight||Not Specified by Manufacturer|
In The Box
- Electro-Harmonix Mono Synth Guitar Synthesiser Pedal.
- Power Supply.
Reviews(no ratings yet)
Give it a quick rating:
Thanks for your rating!
Write a review
- Product: Electro-Harmonix Mono Synth Guitar Synthesizer Pedal
- Manufacturer: Electro-Harmonix
- Model: EHX-MONOSYNTH
- SKU: EHX-MONOSYNTH
- RM Product #: 62375