(no ratings yet) Thanks for your rating!
Exhaustively tested, HPE LTO Ultrium cartridges meet all your demands for maximum reliability when restoring data, offering high storage density, ease of management and scalable storage and backup performance. Covering seven generations of capacity - LTO-1 (200 GB), LTO-2 (400 GB), LTO-3 (800 GB), LTO-4 (1.6 TB), LTO-5 (3 TB), LTO-6 (6.25 TB), LTO-7 (15 TB) – and with transfer speeds of up to 2.5 TB/hr for LTO-7, there is a platform for every need and budget.
From LTO-3 onwards, LTO Ultrium WORM cartridges enable the creation of compliant, permanent and tamperproof archives. From LTO-4 onwards, secure AES-256 encryption provides even higher levels of data security and compliance with the most stringent industry regulations to prevent unauthorized data access.
From LTO-5 onwards, LTO Ultrium Linear Tape File System makes using tape as easy, flexible, portable and intuitive as using other removable and sharable media, such as a USB drive.
Highest Capacity and Performance of any Comparable Tape Technology
- HPE LTO-7 Ultrium can write or read data at a blistering 2.5 TB/hour, storing, encrypting and protecting up to 15 TB on a single cartridge, making it the big hitter in large-scale, 24x7, mission-critical IT environments.
- A 64% increase in the number of tracks and a 25% increase in bit density has permitted an increase in capacity from 6.25 TB for LTO-6 to 15 TB to LTO-7: from 2,176 tracks for LTO-6 to 3,584 tracks for 7th generation HPE LTO-7 Ultrium 15 TB cartridges.
- LTO Ultrium cartridge memory chip delivers faster access time and enhanced media monitoring.
- First time restore ensured with fewer media failures and disrupted backups, regardless of duty cycle or environmental conditions.
- Superior 'smart grabber' mechanism and mechanical interlock to prevent the leader pin from being pulled inside the tape housing. Sensors detect proper connection and prevent leader loss that would ruin the tape.
- Simplified tape path to reduce wear and tear and build up of and debris (important in automation).
- HPE brand qualification test procedures (load/unload, shoeshine, drop testing and environmental stress testing) go far beyond what is required for the LTO Ultrium logo. This ensures maximum reliability for restoring your data.
- HPE warrants LTO Ultrium cartridges for up to 30 years archival life. This ensures businesses can meet the ever-increasing demands of regulation for data retention and archiving.
- Write-Once-Read-Many (WORM) version provides tamperproof, compliant data storage.
- Data encryption for enhanced data security on HP LTO-4, LTO-5, LTO-6 and LTO-7 Ultrium. Compliance with FIPS 140-2 level 1 security standards.
Value for money
- Standardizing on HPE LTO Ultrium delivers the capacity to meet shrinking backup windows, industry-standard, AES 256-bit encryption (IEEE1619.1), and interchangeable RW or WORM media; without extra space or IT resource overhead.
- Open standard technology ensures compatibility across product generations and gives you more choice. Cartridges are available as Custom Labeled, Non-Custom Labeled (both Custom and Non Custom include RFID options from LTO-4 onwards) and non-labeled versions.
|Recording technology||LTO-5 Ultrium|
|Media labeling||Write-on Labels in box|
|Quantity per Package||1|
|Read speed, media||280 MB/sec|
|Archival life||30 years|
|Product color||Light Blue|
|Tape length||846 m|
|Tape width||12.65 mm|
|Tape thickness||6.4 um|
|Base material||Metal Particle|
|Magnetic coercivity||2500-2700 Oe|
|Drive compatibility||Storage Media Compatibility Matrix|
|Drive compatibility url||http://www.hptapecompat.com|
|Operating humidity range||10 to 80% (Operating)|
|Storage humidity||20 to 60% (Archival)|
|Dimensions and weight|
|Minimum dimensions (W x D x H)||12 x 12 x 4.5 cm|
|Differentiator||LTO-5 Ultrium 3 TB Data Cartridge|
|Warranty||Limited Lifetime Warranty|
|What's in the box||Contains (1) HPE LTO-5 Ultrium 3 TB RW Data Cartridge. Write-on label only. No bar code label.|
Reviews(no ratings yet)
Give it a quick rating:
Thanks for your rating!
Write a review