Heil Sound PR 40 Dynamic Cardioid Studio Microphone (Chrome)
- Large Dynamic Element.
- Steel Housing.
- Internal Sorbothane Shock Mount.
- Cardioid Pickup Pattern.
Email me when stock arrives
- Product: #62043
- SKU: PR40 Chrome
The Heil Sound PR 40 Dynamic Cardioid Studio Microphone (Chrome) is a high-performance dynamic microphone ideal for use as a vocal mic for talk-show hosts and other voice over applications. The large dynamic element produces a smooth response with an articulate and natural midrange. The size of the diaphragm, combined with a low mass and an efficient NdFeB magnet structure, allow the microphone to achieve a wide dynamic range and capture high SPLs, making it a great kick drum mic as well.
The microphone has 4 rear ports to reject off-axis noise, resulting in a smooth, tight cardioid pickup pattern with reduced proximity effect. The steel body and internal humbucking coil shield the microphone, making it safe for use near video monitors and noisy lighting fixtures. An internal Sorbothane shock mount decouples the microphone's dynamic element from the body to reduce the effects of handling noise.
- The large dynamic element has a smooth frequency response with a natural and articulate midrange, making this an ideal mic for voice over applications.
- The large size and low mass of the mic element, combined with a powerful NdFeB magnet structure, give the mic the ability to capture high SPLs while providing a wide dynamic range.
- The mic has 4 rear ports designed to reject off-axis noise, providing it with a smooth, tight cardioid pickup pattern.
- The mic's screen system uses 2 different mesh screens and an internal filter to keep sibilance and plosives to a minimum.
- The internal Sorbothane mount decouples the mic element from the body, reducing the effects of handling noise.
- The rugged steel body and internal hum bucking coil shield the microphone, allowing you to use it near video monitors and noisy light fixtures.
||28Hz - 18kHz
||3-Pin XLR Male
||6.75 x 2.1" (171 x 53mm)
||13.5 oz (383g)